G6 DS Real Defragment?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by fuctfuct, Aug 4, 2007.

1. fuctfuct
    OP

fuctfuct GBAtemp Fan

May 8, 2006
    Canada
    B.C. Canada
    Been using this cart for a few days now (love it) ..

Tonight i took some stuff off then added some more. I figured i would defrag it..... Normally i use perfect disk but The G6 doesnt show up so i used the built in windows defrag. Worked ok untill %10 then it just sat there forever! :'(

Anyway I formated it to be safe and started over .. everything works fine.

What do you use to format your G6 DS Real? [​IMG]

2. Lukeage

Lukeage GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2004
    There is no need to defragment flash devices. Unlike physical moving discs, there is no overhead for random access on a flash device.

3. Haruspex

Haruspex GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2006
    Greece
    In Perfect Disk try enable the option "Allow Defragment of USB Drives" or something like that i don't remember exactly because i don't use this program anymore.

Indeed flash drives in general doesn't need defragment however i suggest you read this article here if you want more info

http://www.diskeeperblog.com/archives/2007..._of_f.html#more

4. fuctfuct
    OP

fuctfuct GBAtemp Fan

May 8, 2006
    Canada
    B.C. Canada
    Thanks .. guess ill just leave it for now.

5. h8uthemost

h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 7, 2006
    United States
    I format it the way the G6 site mentions to. By holding Start on boot up.

How did you format it? By this method or using Windows? I know formatting the N-Card and its clones using Windows messes the cart up. So i thought it would the same with G6 Real. Maybe not...

6. fuctfuct
    OP

fuctfuct GBAtemp Fan

May 8, 2006
    Canada
    B.C. Canada
    I just used windows. I knew that you could do it with the DS but didn't think it mattered at the time. Everything seems ok so far.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice