G6 DS Real Corruption Problems?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Jack Bauer 2007, Jul 12, 2007.

Jul 12, 2007
  1. Jack Bauer 2007
    OP

Newcomer Jack Bauer 2007 Member

United Kingdom
    Hi,

I've been using a SuperCard Lite for the last year or so without any issues, but due to the Pokemon Battle Revolution (only works with G6 DS Real etc.) issue, I decided to "upgrade".

Bought it, received it, plugged it into the PC, transferred some stuff onto it and all seemed well. No problems. After a few days I decided to delete a few games and add some different ones, so I plugged it in and made my changes. Since then, the card has decided to go "strange".

First of all, when I loaded Pokémon Diamond from this point on, the top screen worked fine but the bottom screen was corrupt (black and white speckles). Every time you talked to someone, pressed START etc., the game would freeze. Great, there goes my save. Tried a different game, Sega Touch Darts, worked fine until it had to save and then it would freeze the game. What's going on, I thought...

So I decided, screw it, format the card and start again, that'll fix it. I used the built-in formatter (pressing START when booting). Stuck the card back into the PC, downloaded the latest G6 DS Real system software and installed that onto it, transferred a few games across, and most stuff seemed to work fine again. So later that night, I feel like a game of Hotel Dusk. About five minutes into the story, when the guy behind the hotel counter starts talking, the graphics turn pink and blue and the game freezes.

Three words; what, the, f...

(And yes, I do click "Safely Remove Hardware" before unplugging the card etc...)

All I'm doing is plugging the card into my PC (Windows Vista), using the card like a flash drive to copy NDS files across to it (into a directory called NDS), switching the DS on and booting them. Am I missing something here? Is Windows Vista interfering with something? Are my USB ports faulty (despite the fact that they work with everything else)? Have I got a dodgy card?

2. Jack Bauer 2007
    OP

United Kingdom
    Just ran the diagnostic test (hold down L+R on boot) and the results sometimes change each time I run it... Is that normal??!!

1st test: SRAM OK, NAND numNormalBlock 8192, NAND numSecondBlock 0
    2nd test: SRAM OK, NAND numNormalBlock 8189, NAND numSecondBlock 3
    3rd test: SRAM OK, NAND numNormalBlock 8189, NAND numSecondBlock 3

3. Jack Bauer 2007
    OP

United Kingdom
    *Had issue with card not being recognised by Windows, formatting after diagnostics fixed this - still have the above issues though*

4. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    Hmm Windows Vista is a really bugged up system and can sometimes not detect my Micro SD card in my inbuilt reader.

5. Jack Bauer 2007
    OP

United Kingdom
    Okay, I've formatted the card a few times now and everything seems to work okay again, apart from Hotel Dusk, which always crashes at the same point (guy behind the counter starts talking, his face goes pink and blue, and the game freezes).

Anybody else got this problem?