G6 DS Real 16Gb problem

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Bloodpledger, Oct 11, 2007.

Oct 11, 2007

G6 DS Real 16Gb problem by Bloodpledger at 3:06 AM (2,189 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. Bloodpledger
    OP

Newcomer Bloodpledger Newbie

United States
    I got my G6 DSReal Crd recently and already tried a lot of games, old and new ones. They all run perfectly but i can't save...

Searched on the forum and the internet for a solution, tried everything i found and still no result...

i.e. i'm playing Wario Touched and turn off the NDS, when i turn it on again there's no progress...
    i.e.2 Zelda Phantom Hourglass, i press save, the message appears that it was saved. i turn on the NDS and no progress was saved...

Please help me! Getting pretty desperate here [​IMG]

I'm using the V2.3 Loader btw

2. HellShade

Member HellShade GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    capacitor. try leaving the G6 in your ds for a day and see how it turns out. Same for leaving it in your USB. If all else fails, you have a faulty, exchange.

3. Bloodpledger
    OP

United States
    You mean an entire day? I tried 12h inside my NDS while it was charging... :'(

4. g6team

Member g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    You have to charge it with the NDSL On along with the G6 inside. Try that and see if it'll work.

5. Bloodpledger
    OP

United States
    Tried it and still no good... :'(
    Guess i really have a defective G6 :'( :'(

Thnx for ur help

6. scandal_uk

Member scandal_uk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Now that is wierd. I have come across several faulty G6DS 16Gb cards which cannot save - they always display a red warning on Zelda PH after you first need to touch the screen. It read something like "could not write to save" and then switches off.

I have managed to fix those cards, but you have a very different problem as the G6 seems happy that the save worked.

The save should be written to the card when you next reboot the card, I could be wrong but I think it holds it in memory until this point. It's not totally unlikely that this memory is the faulty part of your G6.

Unfortunately as this happens consistently with all games then your card definitely needs replacing.

7. HellShade

Member HellShade GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    That's only if you managed to save without the file being wiped.

For example, i have an 8gb and i get this problem.

I save the game, turn the DS off, turn it back on, load the game, get this message:
    "The data in slot 1 could not be written please turn off the game and reinsert the game card"

I would turn my ds off again and load PH again, in 1 or 2 tries, the game would load (occasionally with a "save is corrupted, loading backup save" message)

his problem would be

I save the game, turn the DS off, turn it back on, load the game, get this message:
    "Select a file to start a new game"

8. qal

Newcomer qal Member

United Kingdom
    thats tha same probplem my broz got wiv his card but je jhas taken advantage of it lol in yu-gu-oh when he hasnt got tha cards he needs he simply turns it off then takes the car out and the new save gos and the loads the old save lol

9. TomasN

Newcomer TomasN Newbie

Sweden
    Hello!

I have the same problem with my G6DS Real 16 and I tried to charge the capacitor several times but it dont work.
    Sometime it works but only directly after I charge it and only one time. I have tried to charge it with DS on, off and with
    the USB-cable but nothing happens.
    It seems that the capacitor not work properly and it can't be charge :'(

Tomas

10. g6team

Hong Kong
    If you have tried recharging it and it doesnt solve the problem. Then your best bet it's to ask for an exchange from your vendor.

11. trancegemini

Newcomer trancegemini Advanced Member

United States
    i have a g6 ds 1gb real. I have had it for less then a month. I have only played zelda on it. I get the red writing on zelda very often. usually when you turn it off and on for a bunch of times it will say save slot one is corrupt restoring previous save. Well the last time it gave the error i reset it like 10 times and could not fix it so i trashed the save file and kept a backup on my computer. However because i then loaded zelda without the save it now will no longer rest the old save file even when i put the backup back. What is wrong does anyone know? I mean is the card just crap? I have no desire to even use the thing now that i lost my save from zelda. Should i return it? When i got this error before i even tried reformatting the card on my computer and that still did not fix the corrupt save error. thanks for any help you can give.

12. g6team

Hong Kong
    Have you tried our latest firmware?

13. Tenement Funster

Newcomer Tenement Funster Member

United States
    Would it not be possible to write code in the firmware that would make game saves write to the card immediately after saving the game?

14. trancegemini

Newcomer trancegemini Advanced Member

United States
    Yeah i am running 2.42c tried 2.3 up the the current version but still get the save error.

15. scandal_uk

Member scandal_uk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The shape of the G6 16Gb is not.. perfect. But the card is still one of the best and well worth persisting with.

Don't reset your DS in these situations - eject it and re-insert. It *should* work again right away so there's no need to revert to the previous save.

It does happen but not often and is due to the card not being quite snug in the slot. My 16Gb is slightly sloped to the left when I insert it, but my 8Gb is not (nor is my passcard). I haven't had more than one 16Gb to compare it with yet, does anyone else notice this?

16. ScoobyD

Newcomer ScoobyD Newbie

United Kingdom
    I've just had a look at My16Gb and it's sloped to the right (looking from the bottom of the DS). My regular carts seem to do the same but not as much. I've never had any problems with my G6 and I've had it for around two months.

17. Wightslayer

Member Wightslayer GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I'm having a simillar problem but mine is a bit weirder.
    i ahve a 1gb G6ds real.
    It has thie save problem where no game ever saves it's progress unless I save it and then go to the main menu and turn it off.
    However, I can't play any game that requires the previous save file to be deleted and then overwrite it (eg.animal crossing)
    Even with this main menu "trick" it doesn't work 100% of the time.
    Any ideas on what it could be or is it just a dodge flash cart?

AND (a little off topic) if I get a new one should I change to Cyclods Evolution?

18. TheNeck

Member TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What firmware are you using? As long as you have the latest firmware, it might be an issue with the flashcart itself unfortunately. I have the 16Gb version and luckily have had no problems, i have it around 6-7 months.

For me I personally would change for an R4 rather than the CycloDS evolution, the only reason is my 1st CycloDS evolution went bad on me. But im sure the newer batches of the Evolution are fine.

19. Wightslayer

Member Wightslayer GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I have the firmware version 2.3 I think. It's not the latest that's for sure. Will the latest firmware REALLY help that much? I don't see how, that's all...:S

Has R4 improved it's download play yet though? Last time I heard it was pretty dodgy.

20. shiftelec

Newcomer shiftelec Newbie

same problem as the original post. pulled mine apart and found the lead from the battery/capacitor (looks more like a watch battery to me) broken where it joins the board. didnt look obvious but dry solder joint. resoldered and no problems since for months.