G6 corrupt save problem

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by FrozenOne23, May 7, 2007.

May 7, 2007

G6 corrupt save problem by FrozenOne23 at 3:27 PM (602 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. FrozenOne23
    OP

Member FrozenOne23 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Hey everyone.

I played over 50 hours with Pokémon Diamond ( [​IMG] ) and I got some backups of the save on my pc (just in case). Well, yesterday I saved again with pokemon diamond, rebooted and the g6 said "processing data" (thats normal) But it seems that it somehow 'made' a corrupt save then and when I launch pokemon again it sais "the save file is corrupted, previous save file will be loaded" after that I can load my saved game, but not the most recent :S. The last save that I made was when I played 52 hours and that other save is 51 hours and some minutes. I still got the backup of the correct save and it isn't corrupted (it works fine in Pokesav too, just too test) I tried to put that save back on the G6 and restore, but it seems that it still had the corrupt save in memory. I wrote 2 different games to the cart and both saved them, put diamond back on and tried it, still no luck. Can anyone help me? I've formatted it numerous times too and used the MPutility (comes with the G6)

Thanks in advance!!

Mark

2. FrozenOne23
    OP

Member FrozenOne23 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    UPDATE

Seems like I've got it working again. Apparantly the G6 somehow rendered a 256KB save (the normal ones for Pokémon Diamond and Pearl are 512 KB) I fixed it by opening the 256KB save in Pokésav and saved it with the 512KB box checked, that did the job [​IMG]

This topic can be closed now, sorry for the hassle.