G6 Compatibility Site

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Strag0, Oct 16, 2006.

Oct 16, 2006

G6 Compatibility Site by Strag0 at 4:02 PM (1,281 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Strag0
    OP

Member Strag0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hello,

I'm going to be buying my G6lite in a day or two, and am curious if there is such a site dedicated to the compatibility of games and homebrew. I know that the G6 Lite has a high rate of compatibility, however I also know there are certain games that are troublesome and need to have some sort of work around. If there isn't a site dedicated to that, I'm willing to put up a site dealing with this. However, to do so I'm going to need a few dedicated people to help me add in games(DS and GBA) and homebrew.

Other than that, I think I can code the rest.

Any ideas on what should be offered? or how it should be designed.

Thanks!

2. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    The only games that would have compatibility issues would occassionally be the very latest games. But they usually get patched in a few days anyway. A compatibility list wouldn't be all that helpful...

And all homebrew will work as long as it doesn't require FAT access.

3. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    Well, most games work fine (barring freshly released games for a few days). The only one that I think has a problem is Ultimate Spiderman, and that's more of a universal thing than G6 specific.

4. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Yeah there's really no need for a compatibility list due to aforementioned reasons but nice initiative anyway and good luck writing "Works flawlessy" after every game if you still decide to do it [​IMG]

5. Strag0
    OP

Member Strag0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Okay, sounds great. I had some free time on my hands... and I had read a few things about "Fixes" for certain games. However, I did notice that they had been fixed with the new updates. So I suppose my ambitions were all for nothing. =)

Thanks guys!

6. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Actually, this is not the case. Many homebrew that don't require FAT access still won't work. Off the top of my head, I can think of Musk, Duck Hunt and Follarium, but out the 150 or so homebrews I've tried something like one sixth of them have had this other, non-FAT related problem. For some reason the touchscreen simply doesn't work in these games,. Even though everything else seems to be okay, many of them are completely unplayable without the touchscreen obviously. I don't have any idea what is causing this problem.

...word is bondage...

7. Magitekwarrior

Newcomer Magitekwarrior Member

Perhaps not a compatibility list to show what games work and which dont - but rather a list that shows the options needed to get a game working. I dont dig "trying" normal boot/safe mode/ force R/W, etc to get it to work. Thats a time waster and its frustrating. Im sure there's sum1 out there with no life - oops.. [​IMG] [​IMG] - I mean with no problems that will hinder testing the most popular games at least. I dont wanna d/l FF III (U) to find that I
    must fidget with options.. Really now..

Mebbe, there can be a topic here on gbatemp.net
    that we add games to, and other can look at the list and perhaps dispute the entry,
    a wiki 4 compatibility of sorts.. [​IMG] .. Um... maybe I shoud just go to make a g6 wiki... [​IMG] ... um.. lemme check.

8. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    This has been suggested a couple of times before but noone has had the energy to make it happen. I agree it would be a good idea.

A pre-existing wiki site which would be friendly towards this would be http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/

9. jelbo

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
  10. Magitekwarrior

Newcomer Magitekwarrior Member

As soon as the site has started, I'll be ready to contribute my own list that i made.
    But the table should be set out nicely with rom numbers and names and
    (E) (U) (J), and all of that. But since there'll be moerse big list of roms, we should have it alphabetically. I dont think keeping a compatibility thread is advisable, cos smart posters will say: "UHHH. [​IMG] . DUHHH... But i tried it and it no work..." Same ppl that look 4 ds emulator that is 100% compatibile.

Ah.ag.... Im too lazy. How about sum1 post their preliminary list here. I'll try upload mine after this weekend..