G6 Boots up faster sometimes :( How?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by seanms, Oct 4, 2006.

Oct 4, 2006
  1. seanms
    OP

Newcomer seanms Member

Canada
    Has anyone ever noticed that SOMETIMES when your turn on your DS, the G6 occasionally boots IMMEDIATELY to the ROM list?

All the other time, it says 'processing, do not turn off power' which appears for ~2 seconds.

LoL I know it's only 2 seconds, but if anyone knows what to do to make it boot straight to the ROM list without 'processing', please share [​IMG]

P.S. ...maybe I'm going crazy and imagining that my G6 has booted straight to the ROM list without the 'processing' text. [​IMG]

2. Rykar

Newcomer Rykar Advanced Member

It is saving the sram to a .0/1/2 file.

3. seanms
    OP

Newcomer seanms Member

Canada
    Yea that makes total sense.
    Is there ever a time it doesn't need to save the SRam? I'm pretty sure I've seen it load fast a few times [​IMG]

4. seanms
    OP

Newcomer seanms Member

Canada
    Ahhh I'm a complete dumbass. If you boot the G6, and don't load a ROM, switch off your DS, turn it back on...then it'll boot fast.
    Only if you play/load a rom will it show 'processing' on the next boot.

Sorry for the useless thread [​IMG]

5. anotheruser22

Newcomer anotheruser22 Advanced Member

There's no such thing as a stupid question no matter what anyone tells you [​IMG]

Also, if you turn on your DS with a G6 and get the rom list, then leave it for a while it'll go into sleep mode. When you push a button it'll then turn back on.