G6 Beyond Repair?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by RCXIII, Apr 22, 2007.

1. RCXIII
    OP

RCXIII Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2006
    United States
    I've had my G6 for several months and its ok, with the occasional corruption so I would have to format it. I follow most of the safety advices such as Safely Removing it through Windows before plugging. But around yesterday, the screen goes black and I tried formating, and nothing would happen, it'll still turn up black. I've tried everything possible, formatting in FAT 32 , FAT, mputility, and all the secret codes. When I test the memory (LRAB) it would say ok. When I try to erase the memory, it would tell me Fail performed erase operation! and when I try to reload the v4.7 firmwares, it would freeze and a few 1s would pop out randomly. Can anyone help me or do I have to return it?

Edit* Oh and when I stick it in my computer, two new drives show up, ones like a few mb and the other is 498mb. No, I don't have anything else connected.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice