g6 and problems

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by bay0man, Oct 31, 2006.

1. bay0man
    OP

bay0man Banned

Banned
    May 22, 2004
    Finland
    hello guys! it seems that lots of people having problems with this backup device. iam goign to buy this device next week when i got money for delivering newspapers... but is it worth of it? i read here and become worried! [​IMG] i dont want to buy any crap thingie.. so is g6 really best? ds-x at least have not 100% compatibility and i dont care if g6 has 100% but i dont want to lose my savegames and stuff like that.. so is it ooogood for newbee like me?

2. motorcity_madman

motorcity_madman Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2006
    United States
    Have had no problems at all with mine.I love it.But u have to wait a couple days sometimes after new games come out for a new loader version for the new games to work.

3. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Just get it from a reputable retailer with a good return policy. I'm sure if the g6 is bad the problem crops up sooner than later.

4. WishCow

WishCow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2006
    Hungary
    Have it since ~3 months, not a problem, perfect gba and ds compatibility, patches come very fast.

5. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    No single problem here with G6Lite.

6. Deaddy

Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 10, 2004
    Canada
    never had a problem, i couldnt get some GBC roms to save properly but I don't blame g6. actually i got them to work on my EFA so maybe I do. But it's not an important feature for me so I don't care. G6 is awesome otherwise, but I wish they would release the tony hawk update already so I can start playing it.

7. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Never got any errors too for 1 year now.

My problems is with the Linker program (Udisk manager), but it's only with my PC, it's working on another one.
    All is working very well except when I updated to 4.6a, some saves are displayed as corrupted, maybe I didn't back them up well.

well the card itself is good, and there are many updates when new games are released.

8. natkoden

natkoden Not a New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    Not serious problems, but sometimes my DS and mi PC don't recognize it

9. bay0man
    OP

bay0man Banned

Banned
    May 22, 2004
    Finland
    yea only couple days and then ill order it .. thanks for feedback!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice