wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
homebrew.gif
G.O.R.F. v.98 BETA FIX
Update
gorfcap.png

G.O.R.F. has received an update. Please read the quote below for more information.

Change Log said:
Yet more news on the GORF front. I've purged a few bugs from the previous build, and it should (should) work with 3-in-1 cartridges now. If you'd like to contribute to the project, I'd appreciate a list of what works with the game and what won't. Here's an early preliminary list, compiled from player input on the AtariAge and Denial web sites. The fix should resolve some of the issues people have had with their hardware, but not all. As usual, if you play the game on untested hardware, you do so at your own risk, but I'd appreciate any testing and status reports you're willing to provide.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said in the change log, I need testers to tell me what hardware will work with GORF and what won't. Your report is encouraging, Vato, and I thank you for it, but I need more testers to offer their thoughts!

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ArugulaZ said:
Like I said in the change log, I need testers to tell me what hardware will work with GORF and what won't. Your report is encouraging, Vato, and I thank you for it, but I need more testers to offer their thoughts!

As I'm part of the MAME Artwork Project, if you wish to add the original arcade bezel to emu, you may do so.

http://www.arcadeflyers.com/artwork/gorf.zip or 2nd mirror http://www.progettoemma.net/mw/gorf.zip

So it should look something like this....

gorf.png

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the offer Addy, but I'm sticking with the status bar. You may have noticed, however, that the game does have a reproduction of the bezel artwork in the options menu. Feel free to give it a look!

By the way, this is not emulation. I repeat, this is not emulation. If you don't believe me, check out the source code included with the ZIP file! It's flattering to suggest it, since it means I'm doing my job of making the game faithful to the arcade original, but a little irksome too, since it also suggests that I just wrote an emulator and dumped the arcade ROM onto it.

Another World: Please explain, I'm not sure what you mean.

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ArugulaZ said:
Thanks for the offer Addy, but I'm sticking with the status bar. You may have noticed, however, that the game does have a reproduction of the bezel artwork in the options menu. Feel free to give it a look!

I did take a look, is there any reason why only just part of the bezel sides were recreated? Not that its important.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ArugulaZ said:
Another World: Please explain, I'm not sure what you mean.

some linkers allow for a gba frame to be loaded before the rom loads. i don't remember the specifics, i think it has something to do with 2 banks of vram which are loaded with gba but the second is never used. the gba frame will fill out the otherwise "black" space around the gba game on the nds screen.

here is a template: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5330

all of the black space can be altered with graphics.

here is an example with a game running:

guruframes.png
guruholyshit2d.png

i don't have a list of what flash linkers support gba frames. i know they work on my 2nd gen original r4 and my acekards using akaio. i'm sure others can post back with more info. akaio now allows us to associate a gba frame with a specific rom, tho if the homebrew doesn't have its own internal game ID they will just get the generic frame sitting on the microSD. it might be nice to include a gba frame in the final version for people to make use of.

-another world

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be up for that.

Addy: I needed room for the options.

By the way, the first release candidate is up and available on my web site, for those interested.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, it's just simply awesome to have a "full" version of GORF available to play outside of MAME, and on a handheld no less. Every version of GORF I've ever seen outside of MAME on the consoles through the years (I'm 41) was always missing the Galaxian stage or was just an emulation of the original ROM. I'd have to say, this IS a near-perfect re-creation of the original game and is missing NOTHING that was essential to the game.

Oh, and I'm using an M3 Perfect miniSD to play it. It's been working....well....perfect since the first beta that appeared here on GBAtemp. I thought I'd mention that just in case you weren't aware.

Kudos to ArugulaZ for giving this old-school gamer what he's been wanting for years.
bow.gif

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the encouraging comments, Rayder. It's been immensely hard trying to get anyone to say anything about this release... Tiny Cartridge won't report on it, and neither will Auntie Pixelante. There's just no interest in GameBoy Advance homebrew these days, especially if it isn't a Metrovania clone with big-headed Japanese characters or a game with some pretentious artsy gimmick. Where's the love for the hand-crafted purity of twitch gaming, I ask you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night