Gaming G-mod 9 problems

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, every time I open it it automatically shuts down and open's up a "Engine Error" window. it says " Mountfilesystem( 241 ) failed:" then some other crap that I'm too lazy to type. What's wrong with it? Other forums say that you need all three HL:2, CSS, and HL: DM to play and others say that you only need one. Then there's some other thing people say "this will fix the problem" but none of them worked.

I have these Q:

1. is it worth all the trouble?
2. is G-mod 10 worth the $10?
3. is there another way to get this thing going?

Thanks in advance

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. No
2. Yes
3. Just buy gmod 10. If you buy it with CounterStriek:Source (best $20 I ever spent) or Team Fortress 2 (also $20, also very good), or I think a couple other games it's only $5.

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Im pretty sure you only need Half Life 2 installed. I haven't played garry's mod in ages but if i remember correctly, you have to install HL 2 onto your PC then to run it first (HL 2 probably creates files which is only done on the first load up of the game, this might be your prob)

(Im pretty sure if you dont have CSS installed you wont have access to the CSS objects and maps)

A friend of mine got it "for free" and i remember a snag after the installation which took one or two re-installs before i remembered the advice i gave above.

I on the other hand bought it after garry's mod 9 cause as another poster pointed out; it is so worth the money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.