Gaming Fzero VC now up for 30 cents in NA

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For EU users the game will also come in 60Hz instead of the unoptimized 50Hz bullshit speed you got last time, Nintendo listened to your complaints.

In essence, hell froze over;)

Does anyone know how good the Snes emulation is this time around, and if there's a bilinear filter for HDTVs?

Looks like there's zero reason to not buy this.

I see what you did there.B-) Nice pun.

Reactions: Eerpow

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like there's zero reason to not buy this.
30935988.jpg

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh. While the emulation itself seems to be more accurate this time around, any TV that doesn't support 240p will make the games look like pixelated/unfiltered garbage like the Wii. HOWEVER, if you play the game on the controller, it is filtered and looks a lot better.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's a 48 megabyte download. That's rather much, if you ask me (relatively speaking, of course). The emulator and the rom barely take up one tenth of that size. Is it really that much different?

(oh, and I'm downloading it at a snail's pace...but that's most likely because I moved and I'm lucky to still be in range of the router to begin with).

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice. I still don't get why people love so much Mario Kart when F-Zero is so much better.
Because they're two completely different games in the racing spectrum? Mario Kart is for everyone, F-Zero is exclusively for people who are into racing games, you can't compare them.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
F-Zero X is miles better. I hope that comes to the VC. Or perhaps even the GameCube version...

Erm...you can't really compare those. It's from a different generation. And that's from a time that a generation actually meant something. This was from a time that 3D engines were only starting to surface.

But compared to other old race games, F-zero stands with the best. And I had forgotten how much fun it is, even if you go bouncing off the walls as if you're in a pinball machine. :P

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also to add to this news, if you area Club Nintendo member you get an extra 10 coins when you buy this game (My God do I sound like I work for Nintendo or what... lol)

After like 200 coins you can get a free download game for the Wii or 3DS (only some games I forget what they are off hand.)

So with the Wii-U you get 160 coins, the Wii if you register it is 100 coins and this game is 10 you have a free game and part of another one. Also register your Wii games for coins too. (I probably have like 2,000 coins or something by now...)

Z-Zero is awesome and for 30 cents it's almost free, whats not to like? (well other than the missing HD filter or some sort of way of playing it on a HD TV... I play on the pad and that's awesome.)

Edit: Also Super Metroid is on the way one of these months. That's the other one I am wanting to play for 30 cents lol Having instant save states supported in the emulator is pretty fantastic on Nintendo's part. I know homebrew emulators have support save states for years now but it's nice coming from an official company. Maybe a bit of a nod to the homebrew community?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple