Hacking Homebrew Misc FYI: (sort of) news from Team Xecuter

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Oh you mean the same irony that is in 99% of those that keeps complaining over that Xecuter stole codes and at the same time they same ppl are using pirated games

As i have said before
Moral is good
hypocritical is twice as good
I would prefer people to have some morals over no morals at all regardless of how hypocritical it may be.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh damn. I just wish that someday someone could update the SX OS, or at least some anonimous hero launches a XCI loader. Wathever you think about SX, they really got the scene running back then, and even now with the XCI mounting and user friendly menu. Not expexting anything, but with hope that something happens at the same time.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I don't know who this Robert Incze guy is but I was friends with Alchemy (and other TX related people), here's what I know:
Alchemy abruptly disappeared from our private group chat around August and I haven't heard anything from him since.
Gary Bowser's trial has begun, I don't know what is and isn't public info so I won't share anything specific but his next court appearance is scheduled for early next year (his previous one was October 28th)
https://www.wawd.uscourts.gov/content/united-states-america-v-gary-bowser-0
Most TX devs are too scared to release anything right now. The exception is the SX Save Manager developer who says they will release a free version of SXSM in the not too distant future so that people can use at least one of the tools that they paid for.
No one I know has access to the SXOS source code (or at least they won't admit it) so I'm doubtful that we will see an update to that any time soon. There are some TX devs who I do not talk to though so maybe they will surprise us.

It is not out of the question that we will see TX make a triumphant comeback but I am not very optimistic. I think that we will be lucky if the devs leak the source code to their tools. We won't know for sure either way until next year. If you haven't seen an SXOS update by July of next year (all legal disputes should be settled by then) I'd say it's safe to assume that TX is dead.

It will be a shame to see TX die. I know most people hate them but as the only commercial group in the Switch hacking scene they were able to bring stuff to the table that other groups didn't have the financial means to do. If it weren't for TX R&D everyone would still think that it is impossible to hack the newer models since the firmware security is rock solid and for some reason all of the open source exploit developers had convinced themselves that Mariko had fault injection mitigation to stop hardware attacks. The exploit developers and leaders will probably move on to a new console since Nintendo makes the Switch more trouble that it's worth. Gary was basically just a PR guy so they won't be missing any major pieces if they decide to move to the PS5 and I know that they have been sitting on an unpatchable exploit for the xbox one (og vcr model) that they have done nothing with.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh you mean the same irony that is in 99% of those that keeps complaining over that Xecuter stole codes and at the same time they same ppl are using pirated games

As i have said before
Moral is good
hypocritical is twice as good
I'll admit I used to do that back in the 3DS modding days but after actually having a source of income I stopped pirating stuff when possible. Unless of course it is literally impossible to obtain without piracy.

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
financial viability is history and therefore the likelyhood of official software updates, unless you want to start paying for them ala DLC :rofl2:. Exactly the same story we had with gateway.

Best case scenario would be the old XCI loader was released open source so other CFW could use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool