Hacking Homebrew Misc FYI: (sort of) news from Team Xecuter

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't have any connection to this so don't even try to ask me anything about it. It's just that I saw this post in a Facebook group by a person called Robert Incze and wanted to share it in case anybody is interested.

Nothing really new and no: There won't be an SX OS update in the near future (if ever).
However, here is the complete Facebook post:
A few months ago i did an interview kinda thing with Alchemy. At the time I was Intrested in getting some insight on the situation and when it was all said and done i decided not to publish even tho I have gotten his permission to do so.
Now months later i still see a lot of mis information going around in this group.
Things have progressed since doing this interview i am sure but this was the current state of affairs at the time of speaking with Al.
Do with it as you will
🙂

"Alright.
I have been part of the unofficial SX os chat group on telegram since October. Used to be on there slot while waiting for updates etc.
Looked on the chat again the other day and noticed someone by the name of alchemy.gaming, I'll refer to him as Al for short from here on out.
Turns out Al is one of the last team xecuter official support admin. So I took the liberty to ask him a few questions that I know slot of people have their own opinions and assume their own version of the story.
Long story short team xecuter isn't dead. But also isn't active at this time.
The Devs have not been arrested.
Only arrests that have been made was against the head admin and the creator of the chip.
A quote from Al:
"Two people were arrested, one was the head support admin. He was extradited from DR to the US but they couldn’t extradite the other guy. No developers were arrested and the third guy on the indictment from China was never arrested to begin with. Months before that another admin was sued after opening a shop online and selling Core/Lite preorders."
There have been other members of team X that found out via news articles that they ware getting sued for millions.
Al is the only head admin that managed to slip under Nintendo's sueing radar.
What does this all mean for SX os.
As no Devs and software developers have been arrested team X is NOT dead.
The only problem developers are having now is the financials. When they get that sorted there is a high chance that we will be getting an update for SX core in the future. We, and Al, can not say when that could be.
Al told me: "I’m personally confident they haven’t abandoned the project until we see that activation server go down for good"
"Or if we see an FBI seal when we visit the site then you know it’s for sure over lol"
As for the lisence and website servers that keep going offline and online Al could tell me this:
"The only reason they’re going down is because of DDOS attacks"
"They have to reset the server manually when that happens"
Asked of it was Nintendo behind the DDoS attacks.
"It’s not Nintendo, I know who it is but I’m not gonna make them famous about it lol"
My second guess was AtMos but he also denied that. I didn't keep praying for an answer.
If you want to know more about this Al advised me and everyone who wants more info to Google:
Team Xecuter DOJ as that will give alot more insights to the problems.
In short. Team Xecuter is alive and kicking BUT just doing their best to stay off Nintendo's radar.
Sad part imo is that the guys that have been arrested are being accused of selling the chips (which they didn't) except the person mentioned before that started his own websop.
And they are treated like actual drug criminals or whatever instead of modders and hackers.
Got to keep hope. I'm positive we will hear from them but have to be patient. I made the promise not to jump ship to atmosphere as long as I don't break my SX OS or get banned from online.
Nintendo's priority, from a business point of vieuw, is making sure the hardware does not land in consumer hands. When the consumers don't have the chips the software can not be used. Guessing Devs will get problems with Nintendo depending how things go with the other lawsuits"
Sorry I'm advance for spelling mistakes

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that post on fb. Personally, im taking it with a grain of salt since I don't know how credible the guy is or even how credible what he's saying

Reactions: nachuz

UnderJinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Cool hoping they will get paid so we'll get an update sooner or later.

The only problem developers are having now is the financials. When they get that sorted there is a high chance that we will be getting an update for SX core in the future. We, and Al, can not say when that could be.

Last edited by UnderJinx,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
well Nintendo got a hold of the websites as far as I know. But it's just for them to register a new URL and release an updated version for activation server url. And off to the races.

I've heard that Max never got release to the US from France. The Chinese fellow is AWOL and not in the hands of Tencent anymore. My best guess is Malaysia, but who knows?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any connection to this so don't even try to ask me anything about it. It's just that I saw this post in a Facebook group by a person called Robert Incze and wanted to share it in case anybody is interested.

Nothing really new and no: There won't be an SX OS update in the near future (if ever).
However, here is the complete Facebook post:
I don't understand why people are still trying to use SXOS when 90% is code stolen from free homebrew.

Reactions: Brawl345

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If TX is still alive, they'll probably just keep a low profile and wait for the next iteration of a Nintendo console to try to hack. They have done a good job developing the modchip for the Switch, but in the end, it didn't work out as expected... they got shut down, and the chip is now cloned (hwfly). The clone being extremely expensive limits its access to the common end-user, though.

Reactions: brawhalla1

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't understand why people are still trying to use SXOS when 90% is code stolen from free homebrew.
The answer is the very same for years: SX OS supports mounting XCIs from an external HDD and thus saving space on your SD (yes this even works in handheld mode although it's not comfortable to use).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is starting to sound a lot like the claims from the Gateway team. The constant "we're not dead!" and then nothing happening. I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled another Stargate and release a product, then never update it.

ImLEBrAn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Because no one gives a shit where it comes from, for 99% of the people who hack their consoles piracy is the only thing they care about - not everyone sits on forums all day jerking off the people behind the cfw

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Oh you mean the same irony that is in 99% of those that keeps complaining over that Xecuter stole codes and at the same time they same ppl are using pirated games

As i have said before
Moral is good
hypocritical is twice as good
Purty much

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs