Hacking FYI; Rebug 4.81 is much better than Rebug Lite 4.82

D

Deleted User

Could you also say why? (im also still on rebug 4.81) Cant really say that one thing is better then the other without a reason why.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rebug lite is basically just the stripped down version of Rebug, build on the latest OFW.
All the debug features still need to be added to REX, which is only possible with DEX firmware modules.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They need a DEX OFW PUP for 4.82 before any REX/D-REX can be made on 4.82. 4.81 is much better yes just look at the features and compare them. Too lazy to say it all here.

Reactions: democracy

Lemon_

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Installed 4.82 rebug lite as soon as it went public. Zero problems accessing PSN, downloading games, webMAN MOD mounts ISO without a hitch, dynamic fan control is on point, ReActPSN and PSNPatch work as intended.

Did you disable "auto shutdown after X minutes of inactivity"?

Also, ethernet > WiFi.

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed 4.82 rebug lite as soon as it went public. Zero problems accessing PSN, downloading games, webMAN MOD mounts ISO without a hitch, dynamic fan control is on point, ReActPSN and PSNPatch work as intended.

Did you disable "auto shutdown after X minutes of inactivity"?

Also, ethernet > WiFi.
thanks. im on ethernet, no wifi. FTP server and webman mod just fails to start sometimes after cold boot, if I vist webman mod setup page it states pages could not be displayed. If I then reboot, itvstarts up again.

Webman as a pakage install, just isnt cutting the mustard for me. already tried full re-install twice. Downgrading :)

it may be because after installing im also deleting the installer. They should package a lite with webman embedded.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited by democracy,

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a static IP?
kind of, static dhcp lease. Nevertheless, when ftp server fails to start my fan webman fan settings are also not applied and I have no access to temp settings start+select, the issue I have with webman as a package on latest release it seems; intermittently loading on cold boot

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's a very biased statement, sure that may apply to you, but to others it may have features they are looking for. Like I said though features are on the Rebug page.

How is it biased? Saying that most people don't use the REX functionality accepts there are a minority that do, which from my experience is true. The split probably isn't 90%/10%.

I haven't tested whether 4.82 lite is more stable than 4.81 rex because I've not bothered updating yet. However I used to avoid rebug completely and preferred rogero or habib cfw. My perfect
CFW would be one without stupid boot logo or icon changes. The majority of people on rex are because rebug happened to only release rex and there wasn't a better option.

Reactions: Zero72463

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it biased? Saying that most people don't use the REX functionality accepts there are a minority that do, which from my experience is true. The split probably isn't 90%/10%.

I haven't tested whether 4.82 lite is more stable than 4.81 rex because I've not bothered updating yet. However I used to avoid rebug completely and preferred rogero or habib cfw. My perfect
CFW would be one without stupid boot logo or icon changes. The majority of people on rex are because rebug happened to only release rex and there wasn't a better option.

It's biased because it's your opinion and it's one-sided. I have no problem with people expressing opinions, but having a neutral viewpoint is a way you can express your opinion of why you think it's one way whilst showing why another person's viewpoint can be different. Like for example saying, "Full Rebug has many features that can aid developers, game modders, and homebrew-game creators that can be useful for some people, but honestly, I think a majority of people will never use that if they don't develop/code."

Trust me dude I know where you are coming from and I respect your opinion and I kind of agree there are more people not needing/using the features DEX/REX offers. People shouldn't be misinformed though and think DEX/REX is completely useless and they should never use it, as it has some amazing advantages over LITE. For example when I switched to LITE to do some testing some features were missing for me I had on DEX/REX which prevented me from testing some stuff so I had to go back. I am only making this point because I want to see brand new developers be properly informed as to what might help them and what is useful.

I am not trying to argue with you, I don't really consider this an argument at this point to me it's a friendly discussion and I am enjoying it, recently I love to be proven wrong and I am not saying that to annoy you, but rather because I learn something out of it and I hear people's thoughts, words, and opinions and I love it. I get what you meant though, but perhaps if it were explained better and has a neutral point of view it can help not only those who just want simple stuff, but those developers who might find this info useful. :)

Reactions: godreborn

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a very biased statement, sure that may apply to you, but to others it may have features they are looking for. Like I said though features are on the Rebug page.
majority END USERS have no clue what the purpose of Rebug is, they tend to install it because they think because its list of features are bigger, then surely its better.

unless you are a debugger/coder or hacker then rebug is for you, if your just a end user who pirates then theres no advantage in having rebug over basic "lite" cfws.

Reactions: Zero72463

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree. There is also a 4.81.2 Rebug with Syscon changed to 4.82 so it can be installed straight from 4.82 after running the exploit :)

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
majority END USERS have no clue what the purpose of Rebug is, they tend to install it because they think because its list of features are bigger, then surely its better.

unless you are a debugger/coder or hacker then rebug is for you, if your just a end user who pirates then theres no advantage in having rebug over basic "lite" cfws.

Uhhhh ok? I never disagreed with him I just told him since this new PS3 hacking scene is gathering new end users and new developers he should have a neutral point-of-view in a similar way that you said, that way not only are the end-users aware that full Rebug isn't very useful for them, but new developers know that full rebug can greatly assist them as I know it as assisted me with my work. I agree with you though just read my post above which explains everything. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Yeah. After you litter the forum with your sob stories. Im calling you out.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    then mind your own business
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    otherwise fuck off
    Show us some proof. Lets see police reports, court documents, video and/or audio recordings, etc. etc.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I already did show part of it, you ridiculed me instead
    Like I said, people with criminal records tend to play the victim an awful lot. Thats all the more im going to say
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: he SHOULD