Hacking FW 6.2 Advantages?

elhefegaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this was asked before but maybe not this way.

I have a switch in OFW 6.2, I'm almost certain that the sysnand is not 100% clean, as I have ran SX OS without emunand at least once in the past.

I was thinking of upgrading to OFW 9.0.1 , linking a Nintendo account and then do the emunand from there (why? just in case future games ask for a linked account like we've seen some have started to do)

The question is, is there anything in OFW 6.2 that makes it worth it staying there instead of going to 9.0.1? I don't care about burning fuses or gc fuses.

I know the 'lower is better' saying but I wanted something more specific.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this was asked before but maybe not this way.

I have a switch in OFW 6.2, I'm almost certain that the sysnand is not 100% clean, as I have ran SX OS without emunand at least once in the past.

I was thinking of upgrading to OFW 9.0.1 , linking a Nintendo account and then do the emunand from there (why? just in case future games ask for a linked account like we've seen some have started to do)

The question is, is there anything in OFW 6.2 that makes it worth it staying there instead of going to 9.0.1? I don't care about burning fuses or gc fuses.

I know the 'lower is better' saying but I wanted something more specific.

You can add a linked account using Kefir Updater.
You can also stay on 6.2 and use Emunand to get to 9.0.1

elhefegaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Up to 7.0.1 might get warmboot sometimes in the future. That's about it.

That's why I've seen so far. I honestly had no issues with the current exploit so I don't think I care

Thanks for the tip, but i've tried it and it's not the same. In fact I tried updating to 9, using kefir and then installing MK11 + 1.10 and all dlcs and it woudln't go past the "Updating Game Data", and in another switch, updated to OFW 9.0.1, added linked account, and then doing emummc from there, same game same updates and dlc worked perfectly.

Well the point of updating would be to be able to get my linked account

Basically I know all my options but what I'm trying to figure out is if there's really something in 6.2 that would be needed down the line, and I guess I kinda answered myself there, " nobody knows " :P

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

+1 leave the fuses open incase of cold/warm boot and just use emunand for cfw stuff

plus if u don't have a clean nand backup at all? even older than 6.2 u can still clean your current fw

mount your nand in tegasmashgui (nandraw(

open physical drive in harddricemount and select the one with linux in the title

mount system partition

in "save" delete all except 8000000000000120
in saveMeta delete all except 8000000000000120
if anything in Contents/placehld, delete all in placehld also.

delete sd folder

Done.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's why I've seen so far. I honestly had no issues with the current exploit so I don't think I care

Thanks for the tip, but i've tried it and it's not the same. In fact I tried updating to 9, using kefir and then installing MK11 + 1.10 and all dlcs and it woudln't go past the "Updating Game Data", and in another switch, updated to OFW 9.0.1, added linked account, and then doing emummc from there, same game same updates and dlc worked perfectly.

Well the point of updating would be to be able to get my linked account

Basically I know all my options but what I'm trying to figure out is if there's really something in 6.2 that would be needed down the line, and I guess I kinda answered myself there, " nobody knows " :P

1. what do you mean updating to 9? use choidujournx to update fw. make sure you have latest kosmos package on sd card and start off clean

2. i ve been able to play mk11 with add nintenido linked tool

Last edited by pcwizard7,

elhefegaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 leave the fuses open incase of cold/warm boot and just use emunand for cfw stuff
I don't really care for warm boot, i've been using it this way for a year now :P

plus if u don't have a clean nand backup at all? even older than 6.2 u can still clean your current fw

open physical drive in harddricemount and select the one with linux in the title

mount system partition

delete sd folder

Wow this is the first time I see this. I don't want to doubt you but, do you have a link to the source of this 'guide'? I have been looking for 'how to clean sysnand' and never came accross this :S

1. what do you mean updating to 9? use choidujournx to update fw. make sure you have latest kosmos package on sd card and start off clean

Did that, yet CFW 9.0.1 would not let me play the v1.10
I was able to play 1.08 using kefir updater to link the account, but not 1.10

Also forgot to add that if I do OFW 9.0.1 I can connect to nintendo and update my exfat driver so i can finally do exfat :)

Last edited by elhefegaming,

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow this is the first time I see this. I don't want to doubt you but, do you have a link to the source of this 'guide'? I have been looking for 'how to clean sysnand' and never came accross this :S

It was posted by https://gbatemp.net/members/mattytrog.447227/ so ask him

make sure u follow it extractly as if u delete the wrong things can brick your switch so make sure u have a backup

UPDATE: I just try to run my aio mk11 xci with patch 1.10 and dlc already in it heres what i found out

1. make sure you have some form of stealth (DNS90, Interindo, sxos Stealth mode)
2. make sure u have linked account (kefir updater)
3. make sure wi fi is connected then launch the game
4. load into the game and accept TOS window and then you get initial setup questions
5. main menu
6. u can now go into airplane mode and not need wifi anymore
7. I would also make a backup of save file so next time u can just restore it

Last edited by pcwizard7,

elhefegaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mount system partition

delete sd folder

Done.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just wanted to update and thank you for pointing me in this direction

I've now updated to ofw9.0.1, no ban, then did a factory reset and did a dump of the nand to have a nand that I knew was clean.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.