Fw 4.0.0 region locked Wii U

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Brickleul, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Brickleul
    OP

Brickleul Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2015
    Romania
    Hi guys , I need some advice regarding my new Wii U console.

I'm living in Europe and I received as a gift a Wii U Nintendo Basic with firmware 4.0.0 from a friend from US . So the console is region locked on NA

What can I do now so I can use it, I cannot find any games available in EU for this console, how can I update the console to 5.3.2 , are there any exploits so I can make the console region free. Any advice is welcome.

PS: this is my first touch with a Nintendo console , just want to make a use of it for my kid .

2. fiveighteen

fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    Option A: Sell it and buy a EUR console. (Not the best option since you'd prob be shipping it back across the ocean)
    Option B: Find and purchase USA Splatoon, Mario Party 10, or Yoshi's Woolly World* (use an online retailer and get it shipped there. Only need one game). Then update using that game to 5.3.2 and use Loadiine from there since it is region free.
    Option C: Patiently wait for IOSU Exploit and emuNAND and future hacks where region free disc games may be a possibility (2016)

*Make sure you don't get a reprint. More info in the Definitive Guide sticky.