1. Chris01

OP Chris01 GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    Hi there,

Just want to ask if it is necessary to upgrade from my 2.30 console to the latest update?

Right now i did back up the nand and could use hekate. This let me go to the homebrew store and on the first try could download one game like pinball.
    The other that i try do download was sonic but receive an error message that i did need to restart the switch.

Can someone give me an easy way to know how to fix it so i can do many much more with the console?
    If it is possible on the fw 2.30 that can i use choix du jour to upgrade it and how i can do that?

Always scared to use the youtube clips and don't find a lot on my fw.

Thank you already.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    ChoiDujour only supports up to firmware 6.1

3. paulzheng

paulzheng GBAtemp Regular

China
    you can restore the nand and update fw into 9.10 online, then you should update atmosphere files on sdcard and replace it's latest payload named fusee-primary.bin
    but i suggest you should back up the nand 9.10 in hekate RCM after updated.

4. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    don't update from that firmware. create a emunand and update the emunand to 9.1 to gt all the new stuff.

5. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Regular

Typical choices to prevent burnt fuses is just update through ChoudujourNX with 9.1.0 files. Just make sure atmosphere is latest. The more annoying route would be to extract the 9.1.0, use hacdiskmount to manually update your files then boot using cfw. I remember having to do that when ChoudujourNX wasn't out or not well known yet.

6. Resaec

Resaec GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Whats with all the people suggesting updating online without mentioning the risks that come with it?
    Stop giving bad advice when you do not have the knowledge about it.

This is a question for the noob paradise thread and there are thousands of answered threads about this.
    @Chris01 don't ever use youtube for console hacking and use the search function before posting.

7. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would just use Hakuu33 to erase everything and just do a clean install to the latest firmware since it is applicable to have CFW. If you are concerned about saves just checkpoint them.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - firmware, upgrade, latest