1. Gyen Ming

Gyen Ming Newbie
    Newcomer

Because of this post, I bought the full Fuze switch app. As a kid I always wanted to learn to code gamss but all I code now is scientific data analysis looking forward to diving into your app and tutorials to finally learn something I've always wanted to get into. Thanks for sharing!

AndyG85 likes this.
  2. AndyG85

AndyG85 Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I’m glad this is finally available! Fuze 4 Switch has been by far my most-played Switch game (app?) and I just love it. I’d encourage people to search YouTube for any of the many Fuze Game Jams, where people submit games they wrote in one weekend - many fantastic creations not able to be featured here, and it also gives you a feel for how friendly and supportive the community is.

3. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    This throws me back to the good old Hammer Games Studio.
    Good job. I hope to get it soon. The app and the player.

4. JonSilvera

JonSilvera Newbie
    Developer

United Kingdom
    @eyeliner Now then... Hammer Games Studio!! Actually 'Div Games Studio, written by Daniel Navarro Medrano & Distributed by Hammer Technologies. At least that was in Spain. DIV Games Studio was exclusively published and distributed in the UK by none other than FastTrak Software Publishing which happened to be my company. We localised and release DIV in the UK and made friends with the creator in the process. We were also the UKs exclusive publisher for DarkBASIC for a few years.

So as you can see, I just can't leave this stuff alone as now we publish FUZE and it's all about the same stuff - make learning to code more accessible and use games coding techniques to make it as much fun as possible!

"Long live the Bedroom Coder!"

Jon Silvera
    FUZE

Ps. Sorry for showing off! Mind you, if I was allowed to post a screen shot of DIV, i would...

5. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Indeed... I'd love to still have my copy around, with the book it was accompanied by. Of course, those were the good old DOS days.

Good job all around.
    And please post a shot.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  6. HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker Owner of the Rock Band Customs Project

United States
    Got the player, played a few games, was very impressed by the quality of some of these.

One game I couldn't figure out... something about hitting a wasp when it was blue? Also, i could go anywhere for miles, leaving the play area. It wasn't very well designed. I did like the one by the Oliver Twins, though!

Sorry, I don't have my Switch with me, so names are a bit fuzzy at the moment.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  7. NakedFaerie

NakedFaerie GBAtemp Fan

Im not impressed. I heard you talking about wanting the app to be free but charging the minimum for it. So i thought id get it to support you to find out no, its a scam. Thats just the player, the actual editor costs $25AUD.

I was interested in writing some homebrew for the switch but you scammed me and no chance of paying $25 for homebrew. I can hack it for free and get full proper homebrew running for free.

Its a scam. Not impressed at all.

8. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    Please learn to read.

9. JacobDee

JacobDee Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    I got this and I am not impressed with the player layout but most of all I have found one good game, 3-4 very poor games and a lot of right junk. The price is low but even so lots of the included games look like they were made in 10 mins by 6 year olds. I do like Vecroids and that was worth the price for me.

Subtle Demise and NakedFaerie like this.
  10. KimKong

KimKong Game Developer / Graphic Artist / Musician

Norway
    This is great news!
    But I wouldn't actually call this a "game" like you do over and over in your descriptions of this amazing tool - I would much rather call it a "app" that lets you run FUZE games. Or simply a "Fuze-game-launcher".. Anyways, how many people on here actually use FUZE to create games?

Let me know, will ya?!

11. 3Dski

3Dski Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for posting this info. There are other means to learn how to code and play games, but nice to be able to do this on the Switch, along with other Switch users. Nintendo doesn't seem very open to those that want to learn, develop and share software for their platform. I can think of only 1 other actual title for actual coding on the Switch and I think Fuze is the best of these.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, includes, release