ROM Hack Fuurai no Shiren NDS is a translation possible?

angelotax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A complete translation in English of this game for the Snes version already exists and it's called Shiren The Wanderer. The version for NDS called 0767 - Fushigi no Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren NDS is exactly the same game with some addons. It would be possible to open the .ips of that one for super NES and to re-use it in some way to hack the NDS rom? (not directly obviously). This is a great game and prolly there'll be not an english version, i hope someone will hack this into english.

This is the page for the SNES ips translation http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=shiren

angelotax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ive done a complete (at least i think) translation for all the objects and items in the game, u can find this at http://www.xboxliveitalia.com/shiren/ i ve done this to use it during the game, if this can help.
I'd like to know how to open the rom and find the text to translate, at least an item translation would make this game playable. Help is really appreciated.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll bite, Jump Ultimate stars is moving pretty slow and I want a new DS project.

Graphics: uncompressed 4bpp GBA.
Text: nothing that stands out (i.e. not shiftJIS or unicode). Will take a further look.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In many ways DS rom hacking is like all the other systems, where it differs is that the DS roms tend to use a file sytem from which you can extract files. Furthermore in this case the files are nicely names: in the enemies folder there is a file called dragon, funnily enough it is a dragon that is you enemy at one point in the game.
There are many ways to extract files but a simple batch file with ndstool is my favoured method: http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/viewtopic.php?t=457

The main thing to do now is decipher the text encoding, I really hope this game works in an emulator or that may take a while. I do not suppose you have a save at some point in the game (preferably in a format that ?

Other than that have a read of many of the threads in this and the GBA hacking section.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry I meant to add that shunys save conversion site can deal with or that I can use in an emulator, I was half asleep when I wrote that.

I will take as many saves as you give me, different saves allow people to try different things out.

angelotax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I will attach saves for m3 and g6, if it's this that u mean with "I will take as many saves as you give me, different saves allow people to try different things out."

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I feel a bit lazy today so I will be using corruption to try stuff out, more saves: more areas of the game -> more data can be obtained/ said data can be obtained quicker.

angelotax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mm it's difficult. This game use automatic saves only when u die.
In fact at every death u restart from the beginning at level 1.
It's a particular structure of chunsoft fushigi no dungeon games.
Save unlocks new dungeons only if u finish the first 30 floors without dying and it's not that easy, specially in japanese.
I think btw that it's not important to unlock every dungeon cause the game remains the same.
The most important things to focus in translation are items that can be randomly dropped by any single enemy since the beginning and the interface menu.
I think that the structure and all the items are already unlocked .. at least i think.

angelotax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unpacked the rom with NDS tool.
Got the unpacked rom with al those .bin files.
All i managed to do is to open one of those "bins" with a Hex editor.
The weapons and items seems to be all here.

angelotax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you still working on this?
The problem is:
I dont know how to work on this.
I can provide translation, but i need coders, at least someone that could work to decipher the text encoding.
Even someone that could teach me basics of translation hacking would be good.
Btw ill not let this die, ill open an official spot for this translation project later this month hoping to have more support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.