Futursitic Harvest Moon

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Hadrian, May 24, 2007.

May 24, 2007

Futursitic Harvest Moon by Hadrian at 11:03 AM (890 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Last night I spent a few hours playing the newest Harvest Moon game Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest moon on the PSP. I love Harvest Moon games and I was very disappointed with the recent DS game so I saw this on a torrent site and thought "Ah cool a Harvest Moon game but futuristic, lets see how this goes down" so I loaded this into my PSP to see what it was like.

Boring as hell, for a start you play a robot boy with is stupid, when you level up it doesn't really effect you that much, the game as a whole is really unbalanced I fount myself exploring more than farming and to me the whole point of Harvest Moon is farming! The farming bit, most of it is done for you which takes the whole fun away Also the "life" you lead is pretty meh and uninteresting in fact apart from visiting the professor chap and buying stuff (there isn't much to buy anyway) you don't even need to bother going into town.

Theres just little depth and it all seems to easy, most stuff is done for you and money is very easy to come by so its not much a challenge at all. One thing I did like was riding around in the buggy that was cool, I always wanted to ride in tractors or combine harvesters in these games but a buggy is ok.

Overall 5/10

And there you go a very bad poorly written review by me.

2. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I tried it as well. I really think that the beginning of Harvest Moon games are always the dullest as they try and explain every single thing slowly but it gets better when you start growing. For this game, I have to say that I never even bothered sowing the seeds. And what's this I heard about no marriage in this game? I say that's a chunk of the game missing there

3. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    Cheers for the heads up.
    I was thinking about getting it but was wary because of recent Harvest Moon crapiness.

4. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I guess robot boys don't need women.

The game seems more immediate then the others, this felt like Harvest Moon Light.

5. mflo

Member mflo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I hated this game so much. I tried to get into it, but I couldn't. Luckily I didn't pay for it. lol *wink wink*
    I'll wait for harvest moon: Boy & Girl to come out. And runeFactory for teh DS

6. Magus19

Member Magus19 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    If it's done well I could really like rune factory. I tend to get bored with normal HM games but adding a RPG twist to it might be really cool. But the rpg system needs to be good, and the farming system like the normal games.

7. mflo

Member mflo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The only HM game I ever liked was the SNES version.