future nitendo handheld

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like a 3.5" screen cause I think the normal DS is 3"

And I've been thinking about a Nintendo Handheld with only 1 screen that has touch. Nintendo TS!

Most games you play is either mainly on the top or the bottom...Most times when the bottom or top are not really used its pointless.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i'd like the next nintendo handheld to have:

-everything the ds has
-somekind of motion sensor
-rumble
-usb port
-flash memory
-mp3/jpg/avi player
-tv reception
-organiser
-browser
-laser (don't know for what but it's the future so laser is in it)
-camera
-maybe a little fan that blows air in your face when there are explosions in the game (like rumble)
-official homebrew

what are your ideas?

italisized points i think are not needed, however it's pretty likely that motion sensing will be included if wii continues to be successful.
for screens, i like how the DS has two. I don't like so much how the DS screens are so spaced apart.
for video, you really need a standard widescreen resolution, so screens on top of each other can be problematic.
and the folding sleep method should definitely be kept.

taking these opinions into consideration, i think an ideal could be achieved if the base and screens were configurable in different positions, via swivelling/folding etc, to the extent that the screens could be aligned vertically or horizontally, and also joining each other with no space if desired, acting as one screen.

It would have to be easily changed as well, yet solid.

However such functionality might be quite complex to achieve.

I also have a feeling that DS backwards compatability will be dropped. And it wouldn't bother me. For i'm sure including it would limit the systems functionality.

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I also have a feeling that DS backwards compatability will be dropped. And it wouldn't bother me. For i'm sure including it would limit the systems functionality.

dont think so

all gameboys so far has backwards compatability(excluding the very first one and micro)

gb can be played on gbc
gbc can be played on gba
gba with ds

nintendo will keep on doing that im sure

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want it to play gamecube games? Nintendo has always had backwards compatibility, it allows their systems to launch with thousands of games, that are cheap because they are older

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand.

As for Gamecube games i think it's very unlikely. wii already has the backwards compatability, plus disk formats aren't really great for handhelds, as the psp has shown.

L

lastdual

Better graphics may be kind of a catch-22 for Nintendo.

If you had GameCube or better 3D capabilities, developers would want to bring games to the system that took advantage of them, including first-person games. However, most FP-style games just plain work better with dual analog controls. Dual analog sticks would be a pain to incorporate into a portable design (at least good ones) and might make the system look more complicated, which seems to be the opposite direction N wants to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr