Fusée Gelée FAQ by Kate Temkin

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by Salazar-DE, Apr 6, 2018.

1. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

May 5, 2016
    Philippines
    So shouldn't they be called softmod and not 'coldboot'?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I don't follow what you're saying, the exploit enables coldboot functionality and is purely software-based

3. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I guess he means installing a whole new OS just to use Kodi is absurd. It may be an inconvenience, and you could save yourself from that with just a $40 piece of hardware, while you save your Switch for, exactly, playing Zelda BOTW. He also says that, in the other hand, if Kodi was a homebrew APP running on Atmosphere (that is, no need to install an additional OS) then it would be interesting.

4. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    I meant android and its thousands and thousands of games... not Kodi...

Just like a dual core with 512MB of ram smartphone nowadays isnt even enough to go on the WWW and gaming even worse.

Switch at full performance if it would be possible still would make a Kick Ass performer tablet 4 android.

Last edited by guily6669, Apr 16, 2018
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  5. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Softmod means any mod that is fine purely through software, ie the installation method. Coldboot is a mod that can run on cold boot, ie a type of mod. F-G is coldboot, and can be installed with softmod abs hardmod

mendezagus and wicksand420 like this.
  6. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

May 5, 2016
    Philippines
    Everything will achieve coldboot, even the hardmod, right? So why are people, in this thread, saying that only firmwares <=3.0.0 will have coldboot, and evenrually 4.1.0.

Edit:

That's exactly what I mean, bud. I'm too lazy to search for the replies where thry are sayinf 'coldboot' but what they meant qas 'softmod.' I think kate also has this kind of reply somewhere in this thread.

Anyway, this is OT so nvm. Haha

Last edited by annson24, Apr 16, 2018
  7. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Because they're crazy.
    It's actually "firmwares <=3.0.0 will be able to run atmosphere without a hardmod, and evenrually 4.1.0."

8. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I guess I haven't seen that happen specifically in this thread, but whenever I refer to 3.0.0 I make sure to denote that a software exploit specifically is involved, whereas it's not present on later versions. The reason I mentioned coldboot at all is because 3.0.0 already has a software exploit in the form of PegaSwitch, but it's not nearly as low-level as F-G

9. Maximilious

Maximilious *whistles his distinct tune*

GBAtemp Patron
    Maximilious is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Exactly my point. If I wanted an Android tablet or KODI/Plex device, I'd get one that is proven working for it's function. I already have an Android phone, so I wouldn't need Android emulation and Rasp Pi can do many things already including emulation up to N64 for a fraction of the Switch cost. The only appeal I would see is taking it all on the go which again would require storage for media or the games you want to run/emulate.

As you said, I'd rather keep my Switch and/or CFW to strictly things the Switch is already good at and developed for. But that's just me, I know other people really want an Android OS or Ubuntu on their Switch. I suppose I'm growing past the "man this is cool to do" phase of my life and just want my devices to work haha.

10. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    If on 3.02 I can keep using my tiny tweezers, I will probably keep doing it until TX release a chip or the software solution comes out for my 3.02, but I guess as soon as kate releases the schematics for the chip, everyone will start selling a full chip instead of we having to make it at home.

5 min to Far Cry5 hell yeah, now I can enjoy 15 years outdated physics :P, too bad I can't take my PC everywhere like the Switch :sad:.

11. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

May 5, 2016
    Philippines
    Kate said you'll obly need to do the hardmod once.

12. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    But wont there be a tweezer mode temporary instead of the chip?

13. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    She stated you'd only have to open the Switch once to do a hardmod, so I take that as either hardmod(tweezer/snip pin or modchip). I could be wrong but it sounded like a blanket statement to me.

14. Maximilious

Maximilious *whistles his distinct tune*

GBAtemp Patron
    Maximilious is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    I'd have to re-read everything but I think she meant if you solder the points to short them each time you needed to run it. If you don't solder you may have to do it each time. Again I'd have to re-read everything but there's a lot of info to go through now.

15. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

May 5, 2016
    Philippines
    Let me rephrase.

Kate said you'll only need to do the temporary (two pins shortin', tweezer usin') hardmod once.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  16. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Its because if a chip is really needed maybe the software mod will come faster than the chip components for 3.02 :) It takes around 2 months now to arrive stuff from China or I would have to find from EU and pay the shipping ;)

17. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Guys, Kate explicitly stated the no soldering is required and you only need to open the Switch up once to install the exploit

mmajunkie77 and wicksand420 like this.
  18. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    But then whats the difference between the DIY chip and using tweezers shorting? Or using the DIY chip still requires shorting the 2 pins with like tweezers?

19. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    There's no DIY chip.
    Afaik it's only the tweezers shorting to be able to to make the proper hack, and it seems to be a open-once, be done with it thing.

wicksand420 likes this.
  20. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    There is a DIY chip, she mentioned that she will release how to build it at home your self... It was even me who asked her if it was some kind of DIY chip and she said I'm right, we will be able to make a chip homemade with cheap parts...

wicksand420 and TotalInsanity4 like this.