fusée (à la) framboise - A portable RPi Fusée Gelée rig

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by moriczgergo, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    This works on RPI3 model B? Mainly want this so i don't have to turn on computer everytime, just plug RPI3 and switch and go.

ccprodigy likes this.
  2. ccprodigy

ccprodigy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2018
    United States
    Yes it does. I have mine connected to my hotspot and a nice power bank for on the go.

Filo97 likes this.
  3. Filo97

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    Have a problem. When power off switch constantly goes into charge mode.

4. Filo97

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    Any chance for a script or something that sets this up on existing raspbian installations?

5. Dread_Pirate_PJ

Dread_Pirate_PJ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2018
    United States
    If you have your own raspbian install, you can install this on there, and call it from systemd:

https://github.com/DavidBuchanan314/fusee-nano/

6. NO_ob

NO_ob Advanced Member

Apr 16, 2017
    You can get some really cheap components and make this so it takes up way less space sorry it's look horrible i had to rip the parts out of something i couldnt get the hotglue off, my raspberry pi is broken i'll order a new one and post here in a couple days when i have it set up but i'm positive this works as i've used it for previous pi projects. Here is the whole thing i'm sure you can find some sort of small plastic box to fit it into. I was thinking of a external hdd caddy but those are still a bit big. [​IMG]

This battery is overkill as it's 4000mah but you can use any old phone battery you have lying around. Alternatively you could add another switch on the output of the boost board and have it attatched to a usb-c cable to it can double as a powerbank to charge your switch. The output of the boost board has two different places you can connect to you can connect it to the pi's test pins underneath the power input or you can hook it up to gpio there is a config file which allows power through gpio pins

[​IMG]

As i Said these parts are super cheap especially if you already have a pi zero and battery
    Safe charge board: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TP4056-5...rger-Module-/222842654727?hash=item33e2751007

3v to 5v boost board: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3V-to-5V...oost-Module-/272247684448?hash=item3f6339fd60

Battery (not sure if this is the one i have or not) : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-7V-400...-MP3-855085-/192533249075?hash=item2cd3e03c33

SPDT Switch: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20x-2-Po...-Switch-Top-/202156704472?hash=item2f117a82d8

moriczgergo likes this.
  7. moriczgergo
    OP

moriczgergo Lil' Buffer Overflow

Dec 28, 2016
    Hungary
    Between desk and chair, chugging water.
    Very nice!

8. yeahOmgWtf

yeahOmgWtf Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    Haiti
    1) Is is possible to just disable everything that's not needed to lower the boot time? I doubt stuff like DHCP, Avahi, NFS, NTP etc etc need to be runned?
    2) How to power off? Isn't there a risk for corrupt file system if just killing the power?

9. NO_ob

NO_ob Advanced Member

Apr 16, 2017
    not sure about the other stuff but i have never had data corruption just pulling the plug using retroarach as long as games are exited before hand so it should be fine. I imagine no data on the storage will be read once it's loaded to memory

10. Metion

Metion Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    Italy
    This may sound stupid but why an usb hub is needed when you can directly plug the switch in the other micro usb port?

11. NO_ob

NO_ob Advanced Member

Apr 16, 2017
    the switches power cord will probably blow a fuse on the pi

12. Create_

Create_ GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2017
    United States
    (insert wacky and amusing place here)
    Honestly, yeah, probably.

13. reminon

reminon GBAtemp Fan

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    It shouldn't. It would only put out 5V 1.5A, as the pi won't be requesting the full 15V 2.6A.

14. NO_ob

NO_ob Advanced Member

Apr 16, 2017
    The circuit i posted before works fine i'm gonna try set up an access point on the pi so you can connect to it to send over new payloads pircm.jpg

15. ccprodigy

ccprodigy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2018
    United States
    I have my pi with a 3.5” touchscreen I use this with and haven’t had any problems setting up ftp. Don’t forget to chown of the directory.

16. Joxley192

Joxley192 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2018
    United Kingdom
    finally figured out how to change the payloader.bin but the raspberry pi resets and reloads its self when i connect then switch up is it meant to???

17. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    @moriczgergo I apologize if it's been asked before, but have you tried buildroot or minibian? They would probably cut down the boot time drastically

18. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 29, 2015
    Liverpool
    works great with my raspberry Pi Zero!
    I attached a battery holder and a switch on it + a USB-A to USB-C connector.
    When I need to boot into CFW, I just boot my Switch into RCM, turn on my Pi Zero and connect it to Switch.
    My Switch loads into the payload then!

Love it. It's better than SX <3

Next goal:
    Add two or three buttons (every button boots a different Payload)
    upload_2018-6-17_1-58-46.png

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx, Jun 17, 2018 at 12:58 AM
    pandavova and ccprodigy like this.
  19. pandavova

pandavova @pandavova FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Oct 27, 2015
    Germany
    Windows 10 Pro
    nice paint skills

20. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 29, 2015
    Liverpool
    I know, thank you!

pandavova likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice