Homebrew Fuse problems since updating HBC

GPWeaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Has anyone else had any problems with Fuse since the latest HBC update? Mine has worked for months but just noticed that after updating to the latest version of HBC it will no longer start up. Gives me an error about not finding a file and giving up (sorry can't quote the whole message as it flashes up so quickly I can't read it all).

Recnal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem with Fuse not working in the latest HBC as well. It used to work fine in HBC 1.03 but in the latest HBC it fails with the message "couldn't find fuse font - error initialising giving up !". The font file is in folder "Apps\Fuse\Ui\Widget" so I tried moving this file to the main folder (Apps\Fuse) and I then got the message "couldn't find 48.rom" before quitting back to the HBC.
I then moved all the files out of the 3 sub directories (Lib, roms & ui) into the main folder and it now works again !. Now all I need to do is get my official Wii wireless Logitech Keyboard working with this emulator just like it does with Dosbox,Wiituka & Frodo.

Recnal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on a roll as I've now managed to get my wireless logitech keyboard working in Fuse V3 at last (only took 9 months to figure out!). All you need to do is run the emulator and load any game. When the game has loaded insert the usb dongle in either port on the back of the Wii (switch on the keyboard power button if it's not already on) and the keyboard is fully operational.

If you reset Fuse you can type in commands in basic or load another game and the keyboard will still work. For some reason this emulator can't detect the keyboard on startup so if the dongle is already in the Wii the keyboard doesn't respond.

Hope this is of help to anyone who has had similar problems with their usb keyboard not working in Fuse and isn't off topic as it does relate to Fuse problems which is in the thread ?.
unsure.gif

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Recnal said:
I had the same problem with Fuse not working in the latest HBC as well. It used to work fine in HBC 1.03 but in the latest HBC it fails with the message "couldn't find fuse font - error initialising giving up !". The font file is in folder "Apps\Fuse\Ui\Widget" so I tried moving this file to the main folder (Apps\Fuse) and I then got the message "couldn't find 48.rom" before quitting back to the HBC.
I then moved all the files out of the 3 sub directories (Lib, roms & ui) into the main folder and it now works again !. Now all I need to do is get my official Wii wireless Logitech Keyboard working with this emulator just like it does with Dosbox,Wiituka & Frodo.

Hey nice find! I haven't used this emu for ages but your method worked and the emu does now work again.
smile.gif

How do you quit out of the emu though? I couldn't work it out so had to pull the power lead out each time?

Also what would you recommend for the best format for playing games? I've got loads that work well but a few like army moves and batman are .tap and take forever to load (i guess the same as the real thing)? ...And wheres a good place to get working games?

Recnal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MrTea said:
Hey nice find! I haven't used this emu for ages but your method worked and the emu does now work again.
smile.gif

How do you quit out of the emu though? I couldn't work it out so had to pull the power lead out each time?

Also what would you recommend for the best format for playing games? I've got loads that work well but a few like army moves and batman are .tap and take forever to load (i guess the same as the real thing)? ...And wheres a good place to get working games?

To exit Fuse just press home button on the wiimote followed by File & Exit is the bottom option.

My preference is Z80 or Sna images as these load the quickest. You only need to use tap or tzx images for the comparatively few games which load levels into memory at different times e.g Gauntlet. Even then most of these multiload games are available as a Spectrum +3 disk image which work well in Fuse.

If you do a google search "Spectrum Z80" you should find yourself in "Paradise". There is a 128K version of Army Moves & the Z80 images loads in seconds.
rolleyes.gif

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Recnal said:
If you do a google search "Spectrum Z80" you should find yourself in "Paradise". There is a 128K version of Army Moves & the Z80 images loads in seconds.
rolleyes.gif

Ideal... thanks for the info! I've just updated my games and from the ones I've tried they now boot instantly.

Cheers
smile.gif

GPWeaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey thanks for the response. I'd given up checking after the first few days. Will give give this a go later when I get home. Good to see I'm not the only one still playing good old speccy games.

Recnal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GPWeaver said:
Hey thanks for the response. I'd given up checking after the first few days. Will give give this a go later when I get home. Good to see I'm not the only one still playing good old speccy games.

I hadn't played any Spectrum games in ages so until your post didn't realise Fuse was no longer working. Luckily it was an easy fix as I wouldn't know where to start with the sourcecode !.

The other thing I've found is Fuse appears to need the games to be in a subfolder in the "Apps\Fuse" folder rather than the root directory of my SD card. If not it takes ages for the list of games to appear when clicking on open an image.

Hope you managed to get it working ok as that will mean at least 3 people are still playing the Speccy !.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb