Hacking Furious Flash Linker problems

ArugulaZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hate2.gif

Hey all. This is Jess Ragan, the guy who made that conversion of GORF for the GameBoy Advance a year ago. I recently found an online store interested in distributing the game as a cartridge! Yay! But it's been headaches ever since because the cartridges they're using don't want to play nice with my game. Boo! They've sent me one of the cartridges, a Flash Linker, for testing purposes, and indeed there's a problem. The actual game works properly, but returning to the title screen locks up the system.

I've taken a few steps to address the bug without success. I suspect that the problem requires some sort of patch to solve, but an initial Google search hasn't turned up one. Does anyone have a Flash Linker cartridge, and could they test the game on it? Also, is there any way to deal with this amazingly infuriating issue? Thanks in advance for the help. By the way, here's a direct link to the game, because (heh) you're probably going to need it.

http://www.lakupo.com/grblitz/gorf_final_03.zip

WigWrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a M3 Perfect card and the game works just fine. I got past a few levels and could return back to the main menu with no problems.

Instead of pressing start or select for credits I pressed B after I had lost all of my lives and it took me right back to the title screen. I also tried every other option and was able to return to the title screen without problems.

If the game employs any kind of save system, I did not test this feature.

So the good news is that your game works perfectly. The flashcart you'd like to use however seems indifferent to that fact. I'm an electrical engineering student and have some experience with microcontrollers. My only real guess is that the memory address for your title screen code stored in the stack is incorrect or reserved for some other use (on the flashmemory of the cart).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr