Hacking Funny SD card issue after formatting SD card with Gateway

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
So I've had this for about a month, but I'm working on fixing it, however, it hasn't gotten anywhere. Here's what happened:

I set up my 3DS XL (9.2) with an emuNAND. Knowing that the Format Emunand option would clear my SD Card, I backed up its contents (Games and save data), as well as the newly-created NAND.bin file to a folder on my laptop. Then, once the format was complete, I copied back the game/save data to my SD card. However, none of the content read on the newly-formatted SD card, which means that all the games on it are essentially useless, taking up space. Not to mention all the save data (Including 110 hours of Pokémon X) are all gone, with no reason as to what happened. Both sysNAND and emuNAND fail to read it at all.

Has anyone had this happen before? None of the data was modified or anything, yet it all fails to read. I still have the NAND.bin and contents of the SD card prior to the whole thing, so I have at least some form of way to restore all my game content. Question is, how can I go about doing it?

Edit: I'm beginning to believe that it has to do with how the SD card is formatted. Different formatting has the system read the SD card differently. That, or else the 3DS just gave up on itself.

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I did this once (I don't have a gateway) to try to set up an emunand on 9.2. Setting up emunand didn't work, but after copying my files back on my SD card, it was as if the format emunand never happened...

Wait... I formatted my SD card again on my computer before re-using it on the 3DS... Maybe try that...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Did you launch emuNAND or sysNAND after formatting, before you copied the files back? Could be that it created a new "Nintendo 3DS" folder and the files in it are conflicting with the old ones from the backup.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Did you launch emuNAND or sysNAND after formatting, before you copied the files back? Could be that it created a new "Nintendo 3DS" folder and the files in it are conflicting with the old ones from the backup.
No, I copied everything back before launching the emuNAND. The emuNAND and sysNAND are linked to prevent issues down the road for me.
I did this once (I don't have a gateway) to try to set up an emunand on 9.2. Setting up emunand didn't work, but after copying my files back on my SD card, it was as if the format emunand never happened...

Wait... I formatted my SD card again on my computer before re-using it on the 3DS... Maybe try that...

I tried doing that again last night to no avail. Although, I might completely clean-wipe the entire SD card, removing the emuNAND partition and see if that fixes anything.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Good luck and tell us how it went !
Well, it didn't go well, however, I'm attempting a plan B - I'm restoring the NAND image that I originally used, as well as bought another SD card of the same brand, and I'm basically going to try reverting the 3DS to exactly when I set it up originally. I hope that's the ticket I need to get it working, which includes a factory-formatted SD card.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I got the same problem, in my case, worked again just deleting the Nintendo 3ds folder when console is off, starting again the console and let it create a new one, then, delete again with console off, and copy back all the contents you had, it should work back again.

Good luck ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on