Fund the police! (in Zelda)

UltraDolphinRevolution

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
So I just finished Assassin´s Creed Brotherhood (my first game in the series) and I was surprised to see that the series features a prominent GTA-like police force. The protagonist cannot kill civilians (actually he can but the player is threatened with a game over) but has no problems killing the police. Obviously Link has to be the good guy so I assumed this aspect of a GTA-like open world would not work in Zelda game. However, I was wrong: By introducing an occupying force (in a Zelda game perhaps Moblins or Gerudo - misogyny alarm... but it makes sense in the context of the Hylian wars mentioned in e.g. OoT) Link can attack, steal (which he has done anyway in Link´s Awakening), etc. It is also a good way to implement stealth. The series has played around with stealth many times but it was never incorperated into normal gameplay until BotW. And even then it took place outside of towns.

Discuss. :D

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
tenor.gif

Reactions: Megadriver94

UltraDolphinRevolution

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The title is not that relevant.

Simple version:
Would you like to see a police force in a Zelda game like in GTA/Assassin´sCreed/TrueCrimes/Scarface/Gun/Godfather/...?
If not, why not?

A police force does not have to be limited to games in which the player can choose to kill civilians (see AC).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The title is not that relevant.

Simple version:
Would you like to see a police force in a Zelda game like in GTA/Assassin´sCreed/TrueCrimes/Scarface/Gun/Godfather/...?
If not, why not?

A police force does not have to be limited to games in which the player can choose to kill civilians (see AC).
Hmm...
5il4zj.jpg

Reactions: Bladexdsl

UltraDolphinRevolution

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
There are guards in OoT and MM. But there is no police system. Link does not have to run away from them if he smashes vases. The Elder Scrolls games would be half as fun without guards.

Again, if the police is an oppressive force, the player would be justified in attacking them. In fact, Link already has no problems attacking Gerudos (see OoT and MM), but I am talking about a police system in villages or towns.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Talk about propaganda.