1. Cirosan

OP Cirosan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    When viewing RomFS of this game in nxdumptool or SwitchExplorer, only the "IWD" and "assets" folders are visible - and those two folders combined only add up to about 2.3gb, which is exactly half of the game's install size. Further, all the contents of ExeFS are only 18mb, which leaves a large discrepancy.

Seemingly, only IWD's data is visible, with PST's data not being detected - possibly due to the game's odd 2-in-1 bundle, but BG1 and 2 were packaged the same way and don't have the same problem.

I know this seems unimportant, but it's essential for getting modding working on the Switch version of PST, so any help would be much appreciated.

DarkMatterCore likes this.
  2. masagrator

masagrator The developper

Poland
    Baldur's Gate had all files in one NCA, this package has IWD in one NCA and PST in other NCA with different titleid. Only way is to dump game and update to NSP and unpack it manually with hactool

Cirosan and DarkMatterCore like this.
  3. DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore I like turtles.
    Developer

Venezuela
    I can fix the issue in nxdumptool if you help me test the changes. I don't own this game.

First of all, is this a gamecard-based bundle? Or a digital title?

Cirosan likes this.
  4. Cirosan

OP Cirosan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It was released in both, and the bundle exists on both of them. PST and IWD being in one is simply how the game is being marketed, not some kind of special offer.

The .nca containing PST's files is the second-biggest .nca, around 2 gigs, whereas IWD is in the biggest .nca, around 2.4 gigs.

PST's files are also located in the romfs directory with no subfolder, whereas IWD's assets are in the romfs\IWD subfolder.

I'd be glad to help you fix it, but there's a... slight complication with what I found there. Gimme a bit.

DarkMatterCore likes this.
  5. DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore I like turtles.
    Developer

Venezuela
    Thanks. Feel free to send me a PM or hit me up in Discord.

Cirosan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - extracting, Planescape, contents