mesact

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Today I was hacking a wii and I was going through LoadMii and go to where it said "Install 4.0 system menu? Dangerous!!!" and it installed it all the way, however once done, it says "press any button to exit." My controller just so happened to die and I was trying to resync but accidently hit the power button instead. The wii completely shut off and started up to a pitch black screen. I installed BootMii as an IOS (originally) and there is no PreLoader installed. Is there anyway I can salvage this wii without Modding? I haven't tried SaveMiiFrii yet, gonna try in the morning when I have the courage to look for a screwdriver. By the way, this wii isn't mine, I was getting paid to soft mod it. So PLEASE HELP! Or will I have to send it in to Nintendo, Lose 60 dollars and then rehack it?

Wii Menu: 4.00U
BootMii2: No
BootMii IOS: YES
HBC: YES

I feel as though I'm gonna barf.
I also haven't tried the Official Nintendo Recovery Disk either.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I take it you didn't read the latter posts in that thread (the ones saying not to use this guide)?
Do you know what the LU version of the Wii is?

mesact

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've used this guide for every wii I've hacked so far. It works, I just made a stupid mistake this time :-/. LU39, Thanks for your help btw.

mesact

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, I have a backup Nand of ANOTHER wii, and I have boot2 installed on THAT wii, but on this one, I only have bootmii IOS installed, but I have the bootmii folder on my SD card. Is there any sort of disk I can get to autoload Bootmii? Then I could totally fix it.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
mesact said:
The thing is, I have a backup Nand of ANOTHER wii, and I have boot2 installed on THAT wii, but on this one, I only have bootmii IOS installed, but I have the bootmii folder on my SD card. Is there any sort of disk I can get to autoload Bootmii? Then I could totally fix it.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=157757
Good Luck - I think you will need it - that other thread was closed for good reason!

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mesact said:
Or will I have to send it in to Nintendo, Lose 60 dollars and then rehack it?

Probably not a good option right now, since Nintendo would more than likely install System menu 4.3 for you. How easy would it be to rehack it afterwards?
unsure.gif

Also, why use an outdated guide if you already knew about xzxero's awesome guide (since you're here)? It's stickied for a reason.

mesact

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dust2dust said:
mesact said:
Or will I have to send it in to Nintendo, Lose 60 dollars and then rehack it?

Probably not a good option right now, since Nintendo would more than likely install System menu 4.3 for you. How easy would it be to rehack it afterwards?
unsure.gif

Also, why use an outdated guide if you already knew about xzxero's awesome guide (since you're here)? It's stickied for a reason.
Didn't know about it, but thanks for the future advice.

mesact

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ocdetective said:
mesact said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=157757
Good Luck - I think you will need it - that other thread was closed for good reason!
Thanks man. I hope it works. I'll be sure to check next time before I do shizz like this again.
I'll post back the results and consequences (lol) when I finish. Thanks again.

mesact

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, 1 more thing. I put in a copy of wii sports and then I turned it off, and when I turn it back on, it sounds/feels like its running like a regular system except its just not displaying an image? So I guess it's not FULLY bricked? Maybe?

mesact

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I called Nintendo of America, and I basically told them that 4.3 FW messed me up (even though thats not what really happened). They said they are going to take care of it for me (seems like for free) and if they find homebrew, they'll just send it back. So, since the wii is completely and utterly bricked, (I have not tried SaveMii yet, I'm going to try to salvage it before they send me the posting labels.) will they be able to find homebrew, since it was softmodded of course?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
mesact said:
So I called Nintendo of America, and I basically told them that 4.3 FW messed me up (even though thats not what really happened). They said they are going to take care of it for me (seems like for free) and if they find homebrew, they'll just send it back. So, since the wii is completely and utterly bricked, (I have not tried SaveMii yet, I'm going to try to salvage it before they send me the posting labels.) will they be able to find homebrew, since it was softmodded of course?

If they explore the flash filesystem of the NAND, of course they will.

mesact

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
mesact said:

If they explore the flash filesystem of the NAND, of course they will.

Even if the wii is bricked
ohnoes.png
? Awww, I was looking forward to a new 4.3 wii to hack. Thnks for the info, guess I gotta try to save this brick (even though I was planning on trying anyway). BTW, do you know a way to open up a GC controller without a triwing screwdriver? lol

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think it depends HOW it's bricked. If it cannot run at all[missing system IOS], then how can they possibly explore your NAND? it's encrypted, and there's no way to get the keys if the system won't even run, unless they're suddenly using Bootmii on old Wiis..
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.