Fully Bricked Wii (Black Screen of Death)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Cricketer09, Dec 26, 2011.

Dec 26, 2011
  1. Cricketer09
    OP

Newcomer Cricketer09 Newbie

Netherlands Antilles
    Hello all,

Basically, about 2 years ago, I tried to softmod my Wii, or in other words, "hack" it. Unfortunately, I bricked it, and I believe the cause of the brick was the fact that I attempted to downgrade my Wii. As mentioned, this was done 2 years ago, so I don't have much information to provide to whoever might be reading this post. Anyway, the information I can provide is that the Wii is an old wii (with an old boot1, I presume) with a serial number of LU585..... I didn't have priiloader installed, either, so I don't have NAND backup, and honestly, at this point, I don't care if my saved files are deleted, I'm just desperate for a fix.

Is there any possible way for me to unbrick my wii? My last option is using the savemiifrii, but any other suggestions would be highly appreciated. I also don't mean to sound picky or like a beggar who's being a chooser, but please, just help me out. If any additional information is required prior to suggesting a solution, don't hesitate to ask. :)

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    if u do in fact have a vulnerable boot1, [m]DeadlyFoez[/m] will be able to repair it for about $40+S&H. You can PM him or email him at deadlyfoez@yahoo.com

3. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    According to your serial number, your wii most likely does not have a vulnerable boot1.

4. Cricketer09
    OP

Newcomer Cricketer09 Newbie

Netherlands Antilles
    Thanks for your replies, DeadlyFoez and XFlak.

Ok, so now that it's established that I don't have a vulnerable boot1, and I don't have bootmii or priiloader installed. What're my options to unbrick the wii? Do I have to try the savemiifrii, and hope it works? Are there any other possible solutions?

5. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Go ahead and give a savemiifrii a try and see what happens, but if that doesn't work then the wii is only good for parts.

There is a slight....very very slight chance that you can have bootmii installed to boot2, but I highly doubt it.

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Bricking by downgrading? This happens if you don't overwrite the system menu IOS stub with a real IOS before installing the system menu. If you could remember when it was, it would be possible to check if there were IOS stubs around at this time. Another possiblity is that you downgraded to 3.2 and "correctly" installed IOS30v104, but your Wii can't handle those old IOS. If that's the case, then your Wii surely does not have a vulnerable boot1.

If you had a nand backup, then DeadlyFoez could fix any type of brick as long as it's only a software issue and not a hardware problem.