Hacking Fully Bricked or not? What to do?

energypsx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi to everyone and thanks in advance for any answer/help you may provide.
A friend of mine brought to me a Wii to be softmodded. It is PAL (European vers) LEH 137.... and it come with System Menu 3.3.
I used an older guide (which was working in the past for mine and 2 more Wiis: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835 ).
These are the steps that i did:
1. I installed only Homebrew Channel 1.02 or 1.03 using banner bomb
2. I let it do the update to the latest Homebrew Channel 1.06 without installing DVDX or BootMii (my mistake)
(I cannot install BootMii as boot2, only as IOS, but i didn`t)
3. I installed cIOS38_rev13b (online mode, all was ok)
4. I installed IOS-Downgrader_v1 (online mode, all was ok)
5. I installed cIOS-Downgrader_v1.2 (online mode, all was ok, Wii downgraded to 3.2E from 3.3E)
6. I installed Firmware-Updater_4.0 (online mode, all was ok, Wii upgraded from 3.2E to 4.0E)
(I entered in Wii settings and all was working so far)
7. I installed IOS60 installer and used the following steps:
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60
say NO to install the shop channel.
At the end it said: that it found new scheme at ... adress, it patched it and then it ask me to reboot.
I reboot the wii and it doesn`t start at all. The led goes green but no image on TV. Never had the chance to install Preloader as i wanted.
My questions are:
1. Is it fully bricked?
2. In case of YES at 1st Q what can I do to revive it? I can solder a WiiKey 2 modchip to it if is necesarry.
3. In case of NO at 1st Q what can I do to revive it? I can solder a WiiKey 2 modchip to it if is necesarry.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol. both answers WRONG, you can not revive your wii with a wiikey 2.
Q1: Why cant i revive a FULL BRICKED WII WITH BLACKSCREEN with wiikey 2?
A1: Thats because you cant enter in recovery mode and boot up a custom made disc since your sys menu is screwed up. (sys menu is required to enter recovery mode) and custom made disc to boot up (here is why you need a wiikey 2, to run custom made disc trough recovery mode), but since your wii is full bricked you got a nice unbrickable wii.
Q2: anyway to revive it?
A2: Yes.
Q3: Got bootmii NAND DUMP BEFORE it bricked?
A3: Yes i have it, you can reprogram/flash the wii NAND with infectus chip with programmed bootmii nand dump.
Q4: got preloader?, you dont even even need to answer that, its 100% NO, cuz you say here: Never had the chance to install Preloader as i wanted.
Q5: Nintendo?
A5: This will 100% work, but may have chance they charge you.

Hope this helped you and goodluck.
Lesson learned? Dont mess with IOS 60, 61, most people brick those wii with these things because you got a stubbed ios.

Goodluck.

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have a bootmii nand backup. Then that's one nice brick you got there
wink.gif

energypsx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
How about using a different modchip, like Wasabi DX set on autoboot on different wii and then put it in this one with an autoboot custom made dvd for recovery? Any chance on working this way?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Ios installer installed a stub IOS 60, that's the reason of your full brick... you have no other way than flashing a sane nand backup... since you can't install bootmii into boot2
you either need
1. your wii's keys and someone elses sane backup.. (the wii backup coming from should match the boot1 version of your wii)
2. your sane backup...

I assume you don't have either your keys or a sane backup of your nand flash... so it's the end of the story at the moment... even with infectus you can't revive this wii... unless your wii's keys can be collected from the nand dumped with infectus... I doubt that something like this will happen since I didn't see anyone mentioned such a thing...

Again, if you have your keys or a sane backup then you can revive this wii using betwiin & infectus and with some proper guides & knowledge of course.

Vizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey hey!! dont pay attention to that comments!
I have the same problem and i just found a guy who fixed it easily!
Here is the process:

You need to buy an infectus2 modchip (dont really know if normal infectus works).
Solder it (there is a diagram on the infectus website and there most be tutorials somewhere, do some reaserch).
Get a nand backup from a wii that has bootmii installed as boot2 (from a friend or something).
Use some tool to replace the 3rd and 4th block of your wii for the ones on the good backup (dont remember the name of the software, there may be tutorials on the net).
That will install bootmii as boot2 on ur bricked wii.
Then you can access ur homebrew channel through bootmii.
On homebrew use "anytitle deleter" or some tool similar to delete ur stubbed ios60. and then install a good one, the guy says he installed vs6174.
I will try this, i hope it helps u too.

Here is the topic if u want to check it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=186064

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vizard said:
Here is the process:

You need to buy an infectus2 modchip (dont really know if normal infectus works).
Solder it (there is a diagram on the infectus website and there most be tutorials somewhere, do some reaserch).
Get a nand backup from a wii that has bootmii installed as boot2 (from a friend or something).
Use some tool to replace the 3rd and 4th block of your wii for the ones on the good backup (dont remember the name of the software, there may be tutorials on the net).
On homebrew use "anytitle deleter" or some tool similar to delete ur stubbed ios60. and then install a good one, the guy says he installed vs6174.

Here is the topic if u want to check it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=186064

That has a very high failure rate unless you're VERY good with a precision soldier because it's very difficult to solder to the NAND chip...
Also, I bet he's bought a new wii by now, WHY did you bring back an old topic?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Vizard said:
Here is the process:

Congratulations Mr.Wizard...
May I remind you the OP's original comments...

QUOTE2. I let it do the update to the latest Homebrew Channel 1.06 without installing DVDX or BootMii (my mistake)

If you are still insisting that it's possible than TT lied about the whole thing... this do you suggest?

Vizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
Congratulations Mr.Wizard...
May I remind you the OP's original comments...

QUOTE said:
2. I let it do the update to the latest Homebrew Channel 1.06 without installing DVDX or BootMii (my mistake)

If you are still insisting that it's possible than TT lied about the whole thing... this do you suggest?

Oh, if that wii cannot install it as boot2 then he is pretty much screwed. Mine is old so it can. I just wanted to help.

I have about 3 friends that graduated electronics engineering so they will solder it for me, but i havent buy the infectus and i dont know if i will, pretty much all wii games suck, if i play now i use my computer for good games like DMC4 or assassins creed.

PD. guys, and especially u WiiCrazy, F@CK U!! i dont give a d@mn about this stup!d cheap forum, just registered to post this, so ban me, i'll never be back anyway, i'll get a ps3, again f@ck u
wink.gif

jaybee

Trophies
XP
Country
Hindsight is a wonderful thing its true but when you attempt to mod a wii for the first time always take the time to read the guides first before touching it. Try to understand what you are doing firstly. Most n00b's will just jump in and not know what to do when something unexpected happens and end up either bricking it or corrupting something. Always install Homebrew channel, DVDX, and BootMii first! BootMii as Boot2 and then BootMii as IOS too. Then backup the nand before going any further. Never get too carried away too early otherwise there's a high possibility you will brick yourself. Also exercise caution when downgrading the system as this is a great way to brick a Wii. Why downgrade to an earlier version anyway? This is what I cant understand? Whats wrong with modded the version you are on? It will more or less work the same anyway. I mod the version its on, usually 3.2, 3.4 and then apply the unofficial offline updates to 4.2 and then DOP IOS the ios'es online and it works flawlessly. I dont understand why people want to make it hard for themselves?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Vizard said:
Here is the process:

The problem with BootMii as boot2 is not if you can install it, TT could easily write an installer that installs it on every Wii. The problem is that BootMii installed to boot2 would brick ALL Wiis with the new boot1 version, which is exactly all Wiis on which the installer refuses to work. But if BootMii was installable to boot2, this method would most likely work.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Vizard said:
Oh, if that wii cannot install it as boot2 then he is pretty much screwed. Mine is old so it can. I just wanted to help.

I have about 3 friends that graduated electronics engineering so they will solder it for me, but i havent buy the infectus and i dont know if i will, pretty much all wii games suck, if i play now i use my computer for good games like DMC4 or assassins creed.

PD. guys, and especially u WiiCrazy, F@CK U!! i dont give a d@mn about this stup!d cheap forum, just registered to post this, so ban me, i'll never be back anyway, i'll get a ps3, again f@ck u
wink.gif

Yeah F\/CK you too... Your post is reported as you wished...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's because the memory controller is built into the CPU