Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the end of this process, the sysnand and emunand are linkeds or unlinkeds?
You have no EmuNAND at the end, just a permanent haxed unbrickable sysnand.

Hmm? What do you mean?
It was to let anyone seeing your post know that it wasn't an actual brick.

temper999

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thx to the great guide I was able to install A9LH yesterday on N3DS XL :bow:
Since there is now no more Emunand I have some questions.
The injected emuNAND into sysNAND is on 10.6. But the NATIVE_FIRM 10.2 is used by CakesFW?
  1. So now it is also possible to update sysNAND over SysSettings to newer Versions?
  2. If I want to launch classic HBL I have to use emuNAND again, on 9.2?
  3. Are DSi or GBA games also playable or do I have to install a patched AGB_FIRM cia?

Last edited by temper999,

sx1987

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
How are you launching FBI?
I just went back to part 3 of the guide, and found out that the emuNAND back up section has been updated. Previously it was done after updating the emuNAND online to 10.6, and now the order is reversed.

I restored the previous 10.6 emuNAND to sysNAND (and the system version is 10.6 now with a9lh installed). Is that the reason why signature patch doesn't work?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by sx1987,

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the guide! I'm gonna have a look today or tomorrow. I already have reinand setup with 10.6 so I'm gonna continue at step 4 :D I just assume that I will not lose any data from emunand when I do this.

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide, it was really easy to follow! Quick question though, I'm now on 10.6 but when I enter the eShop it gives me an update prompt. Anyone else have this happen to them?

EDIT: Also how would you go about installing AGB_FIRM to play gba games?

Last edited by ongo_gablogian,

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx to the great guide I was able to install A9LH yesterday on N3DS XL :bow:
Since there is now no more Emunand I have some questions.
The injected emuNAND into sysNAND is on 10.6. But the NATIVE_FIRM 10.2 is used by CakesFW?
  1. So now it is also possible to update sysNAND over SysSettings to newer Versions?
  2. If I want to launch classic HBL I have to use emuNAND again, on 9.2?
  3. Are DSi or GBA games also playable or do I have to install a patched AGB_FIRM cia?

1. Yep
2. Use the injected FBI version to install the Homebrew Launcher Loader CIA
3. DSi games currently can't launch without a flash cart. For GBA games you'll need to install a patched AGB_FIRM CIA.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, the 10.2 firm is used for compatibility with NTR.

Reactions: temper999

sx1987

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
How are you launching FBI?
Hi Plailect, I followed the guide and restart again, but still getting no where. Can you help me with that? Here is a screenshot of my FBI log. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    856.6 KB · Views: 233

Saix9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was following the guide until I realized I was on 10.6. I then downgraded to 9.2, so can I follow part 1, skip part 2, and go straight to 3? Also, quick question. Can I install some CIA on this? Tried installing some but didn't work since I was on 10.6.

Last edited by Saix9,

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Plailect, I followed the guide and restart again, but still getting no where. Can you help me with that? Here is a screenshot of my FBI log. Thank you!
Try installing DevMenu or the FBI CIA.

I was following the guide until I realized I was on 10.6. I then downgraded to 9.2, so can I follow part 1, skip part 2, and go straight to 3? Also, quick question. Can I install some CIA on this? Tried installing some but didn't work since I was on 10.6.
Just go through the entire guide, it tells you what you can skip.

Yes.

Treeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
I followed this guide several days ago on an O3DS and successfully set up AuReiNand with EmuNAND and arm9loaderhax.

I notice that it's now been updated to use CakesFW and an updated sysnand. Can I switch to this method safely without fear of a brick (and preferably without losing any data)?

It seems fairly straightforward to me -- back up emuNAND to nand.bin, use menuhax from sysNAND to launch minipasta, and then re-run the arm9loaderhax installer -- but I would like to make sure I'm not missing anything non-obvious before I actually attempt it.

edit: I ended up doing this anyway, and it worked fine :3

Last edited by Treeki,

Saix9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any help? I've been try into get arm9loaderhax and now I'm trying to get my OTP. I just downgraded to 2.1 and rebooted, but now it's stuck at a black screen! What should I do?

Heiankyou

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One question: If I want to update a9lh in the future (or want to be sure I'm on the latest when I did the whole thing a while ago) is it enough to run a compiled .3dsx again on an already patched Sysnand or should I restore an non-a9lh backup first or do something entirely different?

Kenchansyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Part 5:
42. Reboot, then open Decrypt9 from arm9loaderhax by holding X on boot, then go to "SysNAND File Options", then select the "Dump Health & Safety" option

Seaching title "Health&Safety (N3DS)"...
Method 1: Search in title.db
Method 2: Search in file system...
Failed!
Health&Safety Dump: Failed!

Press B to return, START to reboot.

Any Ideas guys???

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my N3DSXL just stays on the black screen after Part 4, section II, step 23. I removed the sd card and no dice. Tried recovery and no dice.

I would like to add that I had already gotten the two otp files, but I couldn't get the arm9loaderhax.3dsx to work so I did a system format and started from the very beginning again to try to get new ones. Now, I'm regretting it.

Is hard mod my only option? I have the NAND backups.

Hat_Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the minimum SD card space required to make an emuNand (as detailed in Part 3)? The 2GB SD Card (~1.9GB free) in my o3DS is apparently insufficient.

Am I going to have to swap it around with a larger SD card?

raharaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hei, nice guide and i also succeeded with my a9lh. but when i tried to run R4sdhc from cakesFW sysnand, i only got black screen. i was using emunand before and it can run r4sdhc both on sysnand or emunand. are there any solutions for this? i tried to search google first but can't get the answer. also if there's a new update of sysnand from official nintendo, can i update my "patched sysnand"? thank :)

link270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome guide!!! I followed the previous OTP guide for my n3DS xl and just followed this guide all the way though from scratch with my brothers o3DS xl to see how you went about setting things up. It was extremely easy to follow and everything worked the first time though, no issues at all! It will still help for anyone new to do a bit or research and reading on their own, as that will help tremendously when following any guide, but way to make another awesome easy to follow guide, and a full start to finish one with the brand new methods and all files needed with links.

Thanks again!!!

What's the minimum SD card space required to make an emuNand (as detailed in Part 3)? The 2GB SD Card (~1.9GB free) in my o3DS is apparently insufficient.

Am I going to have to swap it around with a larger SD card?

I would get at least a 4gb card, but honestly if you are wanting to put anything very large onto the card, or be able to store both an emuNAND and sysNAND backup on it, (It makes it a lot quicker and easier while following the guide) then I would get at least a 8-16GB card. For the most part you should be able to find a decent card up to even a 32GB for under $20.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi