Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
system transfer will not remove a9lh from your o3ds. So you can do the DSiWare downgrade by transferring the hacked Fieldrunners/other exploits game to the 2ds, and as long as you have a HBL entry point for 11.1 you can downgrade. But 11.1 does not have browserhax or menuhax. You may also be able to transfer over a hacked steeldiver to do that, the guide may say that but I haven't read it in a while.

Edit: Just checked, and the DSiWare Downgrade guide does include using steelhax for the entrypoint to downgrade 11.1, so you don't even need to worry about buying a primary exploit game to do it.
Ok thanks!

Edit: I downloaded fieldrunners off of the eshop, but when I launch it I just get a black screen, and can still here my home menu theme's music. Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited by MegaKyurem,

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
DSi / DS functionality is broken after completing the guide

Instructions
Section I - Prep work
  1. Copy TWL Version Data - v0.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  2. Copy DS Download Play - v1024.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  3. Copy DS Internet - v2048.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  4. Copy Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist - v11264.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  5. Copy either New_3DS TWL_FIRM - v9936.cia or Old_3DS TWL_FIRM - v8817.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
Section II - Installing titles
  1. Open FBI
  2. Select "SD"
  3. Select "cias"
  4. Navigate to TWL Version Data - v0.cia and press (A) to install
  5. Navigate to DS Download Play - v1024.cia and press (A) to install
  6. Navigate to DS Internet - v2048.cia and press (A) to install
  7. Navigate to Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist - v11264.cia and press (A) to install
  8. Navigate to either New_3DS TWL_FIRM - v9936.cia or Old_3DS TWL_FIRM - v8817.cia and press (A) to install
  9. Exit with the home button
Taken from this page : https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting the links to the necessary files can be found there...

Reactions: MegaKyurem

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with the 11.1.0 to 10.7 downgrade...

First off...thank you for this great guide! It worked perfectly with my 2DS!

I have a 2DS w/ AL9H & Luma, on 11.1.0. I have a stock N3DS XL. I set up Steelhax & Fieldeunner hack ahead of time on the 2DS and did a system transfer.

Now, on the N3DS XL, Fieldrunner correctly loads dgTool and I was able to dump/backup the firmware. When I try to downgrade the firmware though, I get the error, "Error loading files from SD." I've double checked that I have the correct bin files in the dgTool directory and even re-downloaded the bins from a different source. I've also tried on a different SD card, with the same error.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks so much in advance for any help!

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm having trouble with the 11.1.0 to 10.7 downgrade...

First off...thank you for this great guide! It worked perfectly with my 2DS!

I have a 2DS w/ AL9H & Luma, on 11.1.0. I have a stock N3DS XL. I set up Steelhax & Fieldeunner hack ahead of time on the 2DS and did a system transfer.

Now, on the N3DS XL, Fieldrunner correctly loads dgTool and I was able to dump/backup the firmware. When I try to downgrade the firmware though, I get the error, "Error loading files from SD." I've double checked that I have the correct bin files in the dgTool directory and even re-downloaded the bins from a different source. I've also tried on a different SD card, with the same error.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks so much in advance for any help!
What is the full version of the N3DS XL?

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then make sure you have the dgtool (boot.nds) for 11.1 on the root of the SD card
and the firms for 11.1 inside a folder named "dgtool" on SD root
You are a genius! Thanks! When I started this, I originally had a 11.0.0 firmware and downloaded all the files accordingly. Later, I decided to update to 11.1.0 to have access to Steelhax. I remembered to get the correct firmware bin, but forgot that the dgTool had a different version, too. I'll try this later tonight.
Thanks again!!

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You are a genius! Thanks! When I started this, I originally had a 11.0.0 firmware and downloaded all the files accordingly. Later, I decided to update to 11.1.0 to have access to Steelhax. I remembered to get the correct firmware bin, but forgot that the dgTool had a different version, too. I'll try this later tonight.
Thanks again!!
NP.
Glad I could help.

mchew

Advanced Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a region change from JPN to USA using the guide and everything went perfectly except miiverse is still in Japanese. Anyway to fix this?

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NP.
Glad I could help.
Successfully downgraded from 11.1.0 to 10.4!

I've been reading a lot about possible "soft bricks" when downgrading to 9.2. I used Fieldrunner to downgrade to 10.4 and I have the Steelhax installed as an entry point to the Homebrew Launcher.

My question is...should I delete Fieldrunner before attempting a downgrade, since it's a DSi title and bricks happen more often on systems with DSi titles? Also, a system format is recommended before the downgrade to prevent bricks. If I do a system format, I'm almost positive I will lose the Steelhax. Is this correct? Thanks!

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've been reading a lot about possible "soft bricks" when downgrading to 9.2. I used Fieldrunner to downgrade to 10.4 and I have the Steelhax installed as an entry point to the Homebrew Launcher.

My question is...should I delete Fieldrunner before attempting a downgrade, since it's a DSi title and bricks happen more often on systems with DSi titles? Also, a system format is recommended before the downgrade to prevent bricks. If I do a system format, I'm almost positive I will lose the Steelhax. Is this correct? Thanks!
No! Worst case if you softbrick, you will still have it installed to downgrade Native firm to 10.4 again. If you uninstall it and then softbrick, you won't have it anymore and will have to wait to system trasnfer again.

Edit: Just to add, I personally downgraded from 11.0 with 10.4 native, with fieldrunners still installed and had it go sucessfully except it errored out midway the first time. So I had to run it again to fully downgrade.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Where in the world did you read about this "softbrick" abomination in the course of downgrading to 9.2? You don't get softbricked by downgrading to 9.2. If an error ocur during downgrading, you'll only get a partial downgrade not softbrick.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where in the world did you read about this "softbrick" abomination in the course of downgrading to 9.2? You don't get softbricked by downgrading to 9.2. If an error ocur during downgrading, you'll only get a partial downgrade not softbrick.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
Actually it can and has caused softbricks, it's just very unlikely.

Reactions: astronautlevel

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No! Worst case if you softbrick, you will still have it installed to downgrade Native firm to 10.4 again. If you uninstall it and then softbrick, you won't have it anymore and will have to wait to system trasnfer again.

Edit: Just to add, I personally downgraded from 11.0 with 10.4 native, with fieldrunners still installed and had it go sucessfully except it errored out midway the first time. So I had to run it again to fully downgrade.
Thanks for the info! I ran the downgrade...I walked out of the room...then when I came back it had rebooted and the system menu says it's on 9.2. Should it have rebooted automatically, or does that mean something went wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol