Full bricked wii - can I recover it?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by whamarcelo, Jan 20, 2010.

Jan 20, 2010
  1. whamarcelo
    OP

Newcomer whamarcelo Newbie

Brazil
    Hy everyone... I'm not an expert on wii.. sop i really need your help guys!

I already have on my wii (black Europe edition - without modchip) installed HBC, bootmii as IOS, cIOS249rev17, Hermes222 and Preloade0.3, it was on 4.1E system menu version.

First... I downloaded and added AnyRegionChanger(1.1b) to sd card, opened whit HBC and try to update system menu to 3.2U, it completed with some errors (-1017), but finished and returned to AnyRegionChanger screen (without rebooting or returnig to HBC) but the version of the system menu was like a dot '.'.
    So I'll changed all the wii settings (Area, Colour to NTSC, shop...) to USA config.. and then when I save... an error (i think -1017 or -2016) appears and the wiimotion stop connecting with wii and everithing stalls. Then I restarted my and nothing happens.... even preloader don't load if I hold the reset, only a disk reading sound but everything on screen is black. =////

Please I would like your help to know if it's possible to make preloader works or any other way to recover my wii, cause I'm becoming crazy about it!!!

Thx

Ps: Maybe my preloader don't start because I lost some Sd data.

2. Tomothy

Newcomer Tomothy Newbie

Canada
    preloader wont load because it was removed when you installed a new system menu

3. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You installed 3.2 on a black wii. That's a guaranteed instant brick. Sadly, since there's no bootmii as boot2, it's unlikely it cannot be unbricked with software. If you made the NAND dump with bootmii IOS, it can be unbricked with an infectus if you wanted to go that route.

Preloader is likely gone since you installed the SM 3.2, but try holding reset while turning it on.

If you call Nintendo, you could tell them it bricked updating to 4.2 and they'd probably send you a new one. They can't tell what's on it if it won't boot up.

EDIT: Saw tomothy's post. That's correct. New SM removes preloader.

4. whamarcelo
    OP

Newcomer whamarcelo Newbie

Brazil
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM, I just want to cry right now....

anyway.. thx for the support..