Hacking Full Brick Wii - Copy usbloadergx and d2x installer to sd card make brick ?

baolinh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I buy a 2nd wii to play, it has 3.2u version and wad manager 0.3 , i think it only can play via disk, so i update to 4.3u via system setting, i turn on wifi and connect
after that, wii start normal, i start softmod it from tut here : http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_setup , it say i only can install bootmii ios, so i do flow that tut , install preloader i think, after that i backup nand,key . After reset sometimes, everything ok, i copy homebrew browser , still ok, i test download some app in homebrew , it can open .
Then i looking for play game via usb or hdd, i see usb loader gx is good, and it need d2x installed, im copy 2 folder to apps in sd card and give it back to wii , i turn it off and go sleep, red led still on wii, i dont cut power . Afternoon Tomorrow, im back from work, going to wiimote and press power, nothing happen ... black screen appear .. cant do anything . I haven't yet install usbloader and d2x, just copy it to sd card . i bring sd card to my computer, sd card said file corrupted. Dont know how it make my wii brick !
Now i think it full brick
1. Wifi module is broken because it hot overheating ?
2. NAND corrupt because electric or because i copy file to sd card
3. Wifi on so have update install when i dont cut power ?
4. I still can press Power by wiimote so bluetooth module fine ?
I just buy it 1 day and now it brick ... damn it
Hold Reset Button and still nothing appear, i dont have GC controller, now don't know how to fix.
My wii has serial LU61 ...
Any new way to unbrick my wii ?
Sorry because bad english

Last edited by baolinh,

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
1. may be but see point 4
2. electric ? may be. Copying file to SD card? impossible.
3. may be
4. sounds good

can you boot the Wii without the SD?

SD can get corrupted if you unplug it while writing to it. In some occasions, it may just get corrupted for no reason - that is why backup is so important. Anyway, you can boot your Wii without an SD card.

Are you sure you have turned off the Wii completely (red light) or in standby mode (orange led). It is known that (earlier Wii/firmware ?), the fan stops in standby mode and if the Wii is working in the background in standby mode, it can get overheated and fry itself.

baolinh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1. may be but see point 4
2. electric ? may be. Copying file to SD card? impossible.
3. may be
4. sounds good

can you boot the Wii without the SD?

SD can get corrupted if you unplug it while writing to it. In some occasions, it may just get corrupted for no reason - that is why backup is so important. Anyway, you can boot your Wii without an SD card.

Are you sure you have turned off the Wii completely (red light) or in standby mode (orange led). It is known that (earlier Wii/firmware ?), the fan stops in standby mode and if the Wii is working in the background in standby mode, it can get overheated and fry itself.
I can boot wii without SD card inserted, but only black screen of death
and i hear wifi module dead can make it too
Im sure i turned off the wii complete , red light, i dont think it have orange led . I have 3.2U when i just buy it, after that i update 4.3U via setting menu . It still ok Then after 1 night and morning, it break ...
I very sad & i just sell 2 wiimote and nunchuck and sensor bar , now i have dead full brick wii with adapter lol
why that wii so easy to brick , maybe it too old so everybody don't want to repair it :D hope have easier way to reflash nand chip to unbrick it

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Try another video cable?

Hold the reset button while turning on the Wii, Priiloader should appear if you had it installed.
If not, unplug your SD card and anything attached to the usb ports. If the Wii still boots to a black screen, I would say its probably a hardware failure rather than a brick.

It is impossible to brick a Wii from the way you described what you had done to the Wii.

baolinh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Try another video cable?

Hold the reset button while turning on the Wii, Priiloader should appear if you had it installed.
If not, unplug your SD card and anything attached to the usb ports. If the Wii still boots to a black screen, I would say its probably a hardware failure rather than a brick.

It is impossible to brick a Wii from the way you described what you had done to the Wii.
Thank you, i dont have another video cable, but i also test with another tivi, i think NAND chip is corupt, or module wifi dead .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple