1. Nujui

Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    I don't think sony is really going to care what's going to be made out of this. Yes it's illegal to use, but unless it something that's going to threaten them I really don't think they give a crap.

Besides, something good may come out of this (Even though it's illegal [​IMG])

2. DrOctapu

DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

United States
    Sorry, sorry. I'm fairly used to just using the term dude rather than dudette. No one's ever pointed that out, although I knew you're female.

3. MSaki

MSaki GBAtemp Regular

United States
    its a sdk so what...

if ps3 ends up like the psp with cfw straight via signed hb and reboot exploit. call me up....

heh iv used ps3 and many other for paper weights still gonna.

4. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    The PS3 has quite a few games worth buying instead of just having it sit around for nothing.. Talking all about homebrew is nice and all, but honestly, it'll take time for anything worthwhile to come out from this release. Before that happens, enjoy the console and at least try to support the company that actually made the f'ing thing (regardless of how much hate there is for Sony, I believe most wouldn't want to be without the PS3).

-Qtis

5. shakirmoledina

Tanzania
    i am actually interested about how how the emulators will come about with this one. what do u think xuphor, ps2, wii and ds emus... which ones are feasible and also likely

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Global Moderator

France
    It looks like it's only the (3.55 only? didn't we already had it?) NPDRM keys which were leaked. This is the keys used to compile new applications for them to work on newer 3.56+ Official firmware.
    This is the key used to encrypt only.

It's not the master key which is used to decrypt everything, so we can't just decrypt the eboot.bin from 3.56+ games to work on 3.55

Maybe it will help find the masterkey, but until then there won't be any way to play newer games with only the NPDRM.

At least, developers should be able to release homebrew (and cfw?) you can launch on OFW, like the "PSN-like games installed on XMB".

Note: I'm not a cryptology expert, correct me if needed.

I'm more interested in the "PS3 3.55 downgrade PUP file for FW 3.56+ test kits".
    could it be used to downgrade using the rescue menu? (which 3.56 couldn't exit).

more info, read comment 65

7. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    wait why are all the icons from iphone?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PlayStation, JoHNAaRoN,