Fujifilm reveals a mini-printer for the Nintendo Switch called the Instax Mini Link

sd.png

Have you ever longed to easily print screenshots of your favorite moments in games on the Nintendo Switch? Fujifilm is about to make such a concept a reality, with the unveiling of a new app for their Instax Mini Link, a small printer that connects to your smartphone. The Instax Mini Link, in tandem with the just-announced Instax for Nintendo Switch app, will connect to the device, where you'll be able to send your screenshots over to be printed. Fujifilm's printer is small enough to fit in your hand, and comes in white, with Neon Joy-Con colored red-and-blue accents. There's even a Pikachu case that you can get for the Instax Mini, making it look all the more like a device made to print your favorite pictures from the upcoming New Pokemon Snap game.

You'll also be able to edit your images in the app, adding frames and borders from Super Mario, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon Snap franchises. Both the Switch edition of the Mini Link printer and Instax app are set to launch on Android and iOS on April 30th--the same day as the aforementioned game--with the device retailing for £109.99, where it'll be sold in the USA, UK, and Japan.

Fujifilm’s Link is a smartphone printer that establishes a Bluetooth*4 connection with a smartphone via dedicated app to produce a high-quality instax print of an image on the smartphone. The app allows users to edit an image, combine it with a variety of frames that come with the app, or take the best moment out of video and print it out. The palm-top device is compact and weighs just 200g for excellent portability. Since its launch in October 2019, the printer has enjoyed huge popularity as a tool that turns every photo opportunity into fun time.

In addition to the current way of enjoying the Link, the new dedicated app “instax mini Link for Nintendo Switch” can produce an instax print out of a scene from game play, screenshot of a game character or a selected moment of video stored in the Nintendo Switch. When the users select an image saved on Nintendo Switch, the QR code will be displayed on the screen of Nintendo Switch. Then, when the users scan it with the dedicated app, the image will be transferred to the smartphone and displayed on the app. The image can be printed as it is or cropped.

The app’s screen design can be chosen from three themes, such as “Animal Crossing: New Horizons,” “Super Mario” and New Pokémon Snap, so that users can enjoy the world of their favorite game or character while operating the app. The app also comes with 59 new frames, featuring characters from the three games, to add to 36 frame designs available in the current Link app for use in the Frame Print function, in which an image can be combined with a frame design for printout. It enables the users to enjoy printing with the design frame of their favorite game. The dedicated app can be downloaded free of charge *5.

:arrow: Source

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
just go and buy a second hand printer and save some money.

When you factor in the cost of a battery pack and a true sine wave inverter to run said printer (most printers do not like the square wave, aka "modified sine wave", power than most inverters put out) you will end up spending quite a bit more money than getting something like this and it will be far less portable.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Kinda cool for the purposes of New Pokemon Snap. $120 is a bit steep, but if you've got a kid who wants to put Pokemon stickers/skins on everything it's probably the cheaper option in the long run.

Hell, if it can also print from other bluetooth devices, this is something even I'd want.

Last edited by Xzi,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Under £1 a photo is crazy?
My local photo studio does 8 10x15cm photos for £1 (granted, they develop them en masse off site to get that price so you have to wait a few days; half hour photos are 3-4 per £1), so £1 per photo is a little bit crazy. Plus the initial investment for the printer is £100. Of course, the convenience factor is huge, if that's what you're after.

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It was a while since I wanted an Instax Bluetooth printer for my smartphone. I'm not much into photography, but I like the format (thanks to my sister for lending me her Instax Camera a few years ago) and printing photos as souvenirs to keep is still a thing I'm attached to.

So yeah, I just pre-ordered the pack from my local retailer. Sorry for being so weak. :cry:

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does this need copyrighted cartridge that will kill your mom if you put in the wrong one?
I don't know for the murdering part, but yes, you have to load it with proprietary cartridges (I don't know if third party exists, I should check Kodak's website). :)

Lumpy64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
everybody gangsta, till this is used in an exploit
might make me get a switch! would it be possible if it used like the android app to send a payload of sort? this is off topic but i was thinking that a third party "controller" could send a driver of sorts to the switch, and this "driver" was a overload of sorts. this may be perfect because it has to interact with the gallery of the switch and read and possibly write data.

anyways cool product!

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
this is one of those special items that should be purchased, carefully wrapped up and put away in your loft (attic) for 15 - 20 years. then bring out the item and it's raining cryptos baby :blink:

Gameboy Printer new in 1998 was $59:95. According to pricecharting new now $120... with inflation you made around 20 bucks.

This isn't official Nintendo so I don't think it will be a sought after collectors item, a fun curiosity for someone to make a youtube video about in 10-15 years when they talk about weird almost useless peripherals that almost everyone forgot about by then (my favorite kind, this isn't weird enough for me though).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ugh... I feel sorry for the parents who will see their fridges littered with top score photos of their child's efforts in mario kart. :creep:

Also... Does this mean Nintendo will release cardboard plans to fold out your own brand new retro polaroid camera?
(Erm... The Switch does have a camera, right? :unsure:)

Reactions: Lumpy64

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ugh... I feel sorry for the parents who will see their fridges littered with top score photos of their child's efforts in mario kart. :creep:

Also... Does this mean Nintendo will release cardboard plans to fold out your own brand new retro polaroid camera?
(Erm... The Switch does have a camera, right? :unsure:)
nope, switch doest have any camera's, the dsi and 3ds did have them, the switch nope, there isnt even one to buy like ps4 or ps5 for games.

the only camera that connects to the switch is Mario kart live circuit where you have the kart camera sending data to the switch so you can technical take photos with the kart lol and save screen shoot on switch :P

Reactions: Taleweaver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16