FTPii on Wiiload...

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Rock Raiyu, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    I use FTPii using Wiiload cause I don't have a SD slot on my computer or a reader. I got it to load but I can't access the SD using FileZilla which works with no bugs. It says that I don't need a password or username so I just type the IP in and the port number and I get an error saying I can't connect. I also pass an argument using Wiiload but I still can't connect. Can someone help me out here?

2. Neversoft

Neversoft GBAtemp Regular

Aug 25, 2006
    I don't know if it's any help to you but I couldn't get it to work on mine until I specified anonymous login in my client (FireFTP via Firefox)

3. stefer

stefer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 2, 2007
    Canada
    You should be able to use FileZilla without a problem. Make sure you have the right IP. Your PC and Wii are on the same network?
    I wouldn't use Filezilla. It kept making FTPii crash for me...

I use Windows Explorer (in XP that is...)
    I just go in "My computer", and in the address i type : ftp://my wii's ip

Don't do it in IE, the ftp client is not the same.

4. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    I set it up right but its the fact of logging into it. It says I can use any user/pass for now but I still can't login.

5. Lord Kanti

Lord Kanti Advanced Member

Sep 27, 2008
    United States
    SO I havnt tried the whole send to wii thing, Im using straight ftpii and I set up a network location usign the ip address of the wii under my network places in windows xp. easiest network component I have ever set up in my life hands down.

Only thing, why is it so slow? At least with >usb transfers the file transfer is slow as hell, 260mb takes 1h:17m! is there anything I can do about this?

thanks in advance.

6. Foppzter

Foppzter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 26, 2003
    I've used ftpii and filezilla a lot.
    Start up ftpii and see what IP and port it says it's using.
    Start Filezilla and insert it in a quick connection. write nothing in the username/password and connect.

7. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    WOW didn't know how to do this before, now I don't have to take my SD from the Wii ever again...!!! thanks for this thread.