Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
which tool can i use to delete folders/files from the filesystem? i have some blank saves, and i deleted everything in any title deleter and still there are some folders left in the places where the saves are located... and still i have the blank saves... i tried fs toolbox 0.4 but it cannot delete files, it can only dump from and to sd and patch files...

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried Wiiexplorer? I believe it at lets you browse the NAND. I'm not sure if it gives you write access, but I'm sure it could if you patched the source for write-access and to run it under the correct IOS with permissions.

Your other option would be to backup your NAND, remove the entries and re-flash. This could be hyper-dangerous, as you would have to still avoid bad blocks. Not for the faint of heart.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
giantpune said:
why would you have to avoid bad blocks when deleting something?

I suppose it depends on how you do the deleting. If you do it manually (zapping the entries by editing the dump, by hand) there wouldn't be a problem.

If you do it by unpacking the dump, deleting the entries, then repacking it, then it's my understanding that the files won't be in the same order block-for-block. No reason why it couldn't be done by modifying the tools available; you'd be able to solve the main problem of switching Betwiin dumps as well.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can delete entries from the filesystem by just editing the superblocks. no need to unpack/decrypt/dump/repack or anything else

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
so basicly what i need to do is...? i have no idea how to edit source as i'm no coder... and i didn't even know about wiiexplorer being able to read nand... :s but still i have no clue on how to find what i'm looking for if the nand.bin isn't unpacked, and when unpacked i have no tool to repack it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Yes Mien Hair