fs tool to delete folders/files

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by FGOD, Jan 26, 2011.

Jan 26, 2011

fs tool to delete folders/files by FGOD at 7:31 PM (770 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. FGOD
    OP

Member FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Netherlands
    which tool can i use to delete folders/files from the filesystem? i have some blank saves, and i deleted everything in any title deleter and still there are some folders left in the places where the saves are located... and still i have the blank saves... i tried fs toolbox 0.4 but it cannot delete files, it can only dump from and to sd and patch files...

2. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Have you tried Wiiexplorer? I believe it at lets you browse the NAND. I'm not sure if it gives you write access, but I'm sure it could if you patched the source for write-access and to run it under the correct IOS with permissions.

Your other option would be to backup your NAND, remove the entries and re-flash. This could be hyper-dangerous, as you would have to still avoid bad blocks. Not for the faint of heart.

3. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    why would you have to avoid bad blocks when deleting something?

4. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    I suppose it depends on how you do the deleting. If you do it manually (zapping the entries by editing the dump, by hand) there wouldn't be a problem.

If you do it by unpacking the dump, deleting the entries, then repacking it, then it's my understanding that the files won't be in the same order block-for-block. No reason why it couldn't be done by modifying the tools available; you'd be able to solve the main problem of switching Betwiin dumps as well.

5. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    you can delete entries from the filesystem by just editing the superblocks. no need to unpack/decrypt/dump/repack or anything else

6. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

You'd need to redo the HMACs.

7. FGOD
    OP

Member FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Netherlands
    so basicly what i need to do is...? i have no idea how to edit source as i'm no coder... and i didn't even know about wiiexplorer being able to read nand... :s but still i have no clue on how to find what i'm looking for if the nand.bin isn't unpacked, and when unpacked i have no tool to repack it...