Hacking Frustrating DRE problem

wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ok, as i have posted this in dribs and drabs before on a few different forums and had no feedback i thought i would tell the whole story.....

My problem started at first with big beach sports backup that i burnt at 3x on verbitim dvd-r with imgburn, i got a dre unable to read the disk message in the disk channel when i inserted it , but i resolved this by booting through gecko os .

Then i aquired a rip of ssbb dvd5 pal and burnt using the same method as mentioned above and got the same results exept i FAIL at booting it through gecko os or gecko region free via the hb channel, either a black screen or a crash at game id ,

I tried a few different things to try get it working and in the end i got it working (i know this sounds unbelievable ) by turning my wii settings to 50 hz . so i boot the game ,have a blast on wifi ,have a run through classic mode (recieving a few dre through the game ,but resolving by ejecting and re-inserting disk) so then decide to have a break and turn the system off,

The next time i turn my wii on (with the disk still inside ) ssbb does not appear in the disk channel , sometimes i can get it on by ejecting and re-inserting but most of the time i fail, so i gave up on this copy coming to the conclusion of waiting to burn the untouched dvd9 iso that i have stored on my pc.

Then just today i aqquired a copy of wall-e and had the same exact problem , dre , nothing appearing on disk channel , wont boot thrrough hb apps , but got it to boot by ejecting re-inserting disk , so i get it to load so my sisters quite happily playing for a while gets to stage 4 and decides shes had enough so once again turn the wii off and a little later when i return to play the disk is not showing up again

The wierd thing is i thought it may be a bad batch of verbz so i burnt rig racer 2 that i also aquired today 400 mib or so scrubbed trash and burnt just to see if that acted up like the other titles,NO this game worked flawlessly and still does like all my other 40 plus backups so i dont think its the media ,it has to be something to do with New games recently released or the 3.3 firmware conflicting somehow,

would anyone be kind enough to offer me advice as how to get these newer games to run properly on my PAL wii(3.3) with wiikey (1.9s) btw: i installed my wiikey myself back 6 or 7 months ago its a d2b with cut legs and i havent had one single dre or issue with the setup until now , all other "older" backups are fine as are originals .

thank-you for taking time to read and any input would be great .

wiimii --

wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
IndependenceStudios said:
could be a bad burner

and for ssbb you need a dual layered disc

well if its the burner how come rig racer works fine?

"Then i aquired a rip of ssbb dvd5 pal"

i already mentioned that i was going to burn my dvd9 to a dual as the ssbb "DVD5" dosent want to work

thanks

Fire-WSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimii said:
...all my other 40 plus backups...

backup from what??? do you own 40+ original Wii Games?
blink.gif

man you really should consider to buy the games you really like.
lecture.gif

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
You're doing it wrong : You try to understand why the Wii won't read your DVD-R but that's not the point : All your DVD-R may be bad burned. Check my thread to learn more about that : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=83360

Check the quality of your burned discs with DVDInfoPro and you'll probably see that your discs are defective.

Or it may be your optical laser ...

wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the input heres the graph of wall-e

wallelm0.jpg

heres the graph of mario kart wii that DOES work fine

mkwiied3.png

and for good measure i thought i would test rig racer 2 that i burnt the same way with the same media speed combo

rigbu5.jpg

so from what i can see it seems even though the disks (rig racer and wall-e) that are from the same pack have different quality values? so should i go back to g05's , but the thing is i have a few wii games burnt to verb from ages ago and they still work .?

edit going to try a reburn @ 6x instead of 3x, will keep you posted

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
AFAIK the quality of your discs is very poor, I dunno if it's the media or the burner but you should really try to improve this. Also, you have to know that the quality rating is all relative and a 98% quality may give you a DRE on your Wii . The only way to use this percentage as a valuable information is to compare some burns and check which one has the best quality.

Have you updated the firmware of your burner ? How old is your burner ?

wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ok so about the burner its a samsung sh202j drive i updated the firmware from sb01 to the newest sb02 when i installed it 3 weeks ago , Ive burnt games before with this setup no issue .

So anyway i burnt the wall-e again at 6x its deffinately better relieability but its very strange behaviour ie: the first insert worked good, the next time i recieved a dre ,

So i eject a few times and insert then it works , although once i have started the game it never gives me a dre in game it just seems to be the initial check in the disk channel.

One other main thing is weird , sometimes if i insert wall-e or ssbb at wii menu nothing shows up ,if i go in to the disk channel and insert it sometimes it reads the disks straight away.

Im still convinced its something to do with the 3.3e update or the newer game types , unless anyone can prove to me im wrong

thanks wiimii

wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ok , UPDATE:

so i downgrade my firmware using waninkokos newest gem to 3.1 to see if i could get brawl working , now it displays fine in the system menu but dre's out after health and safety bit,

SEMI-FIX:

now it is possible for me to boot successfully through gecko os with forced 60hz . i can play fine?

why would the drive be able to read the disc any better by booting via gecko os/hc?

wiimodder69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You mentioned you installed a D2B chipset with cut pins. How did you attatch to these?? I have done the same mod using identical specs, except mines a NTSC wii. My install was very precise I did not grind into the chip to attach the missing legs. This setup worked great for me for awhile, however I did have to go back and redo my work as i started to have issues similer to yours..... Sometimes working sometimes not. I account this to expansion and contraction due to heat given off by the chip. Once I redid my work i havent had a single DRE, it is possible you are experiancing the same type of problem. The reason i say this is because you seemed to have problems when the wii is cold(contraction).. I would redo everything and see if your getting the same results, cant hurt!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb