Hardware Frozen switch

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch froze. Just now. i undocked it and went to launch Zelda and it froze. It doesn't respond at all. What do i do?

Chizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Same to me yesterday, the firt issue i see in my Switch, i just force to power off and done, in portable mode diconect the charger, unlock Switch, ran Zelda and freeze in Home Menu.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hold down power until it turns off. Give it a moment then turn it back on. If there's more of a problem than that, there be issues.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holding down the power button didn't work. I contacted nintendo for support...was on hold for a solid 2 hours..they said they are aware of the issue and are working on a firmware updated to address it. Only thing i can do is let it sit until it's power dies completely

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea let the battery die out. Also hold down the power button for about 5mins and see if that does anything. Remove joycons also.

Sucks to have these problems but it happens with new devices. hopefully its just a firmware problem and not hardware.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo going to fix a bunch of things upcoming firmware update, mine was considered a perfect Switch until it froze on me last night right after a soft power on from standby mode not charging.

Also some games suffer from the Wi-Fi card pulling too many resources from the CPU, let's hope this is the case with Breath of the Wild and a fix will increase the frame-rates somewhat.

PS. 15 seconds is needed for holding the power button to hard power off the Switch (taken from Nintendo's official support web-page for the Switch) however I just hold mine until it powers off (same difference).

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far +1