1. 2,153

Front-page
    3545328-elden ring.jpg

There was much excitement when the beloved From Software was rumored to be working on a new project. Speculation and other rumors swirled about for months in early 2019, until that year's E3 saw the official reveal of Elden Ring, a new game from the team behind Dark Souls, with a story and world created by A Song of Ice and Fire's author George R. R. Martin. Elden Ring has been stated by director Hidetaka Miyazaki as From Soft's "biggest project yet", and "an evolution of the Dark Souls series". Despite the hype and excitement surrounding the game, details have remained sparse, ever since the initial reveal.

With the annual Taipei Game Show scheduled for next month, there were hopes that we'd get a glimpse of something new about Elden Ring. Now that the plans for the lineup have been revealed, some may be disappointed to hear what's in store. Sony has announced that Elden Ring will be one of 23 titles shown in their presentation, alongside other popular upcoming entries like The Last of Us: Part II, Tales of Arise, and Cyberpunk 2077. However, all three aforementioned games and Elden Ring will not be playable in any form, and will only receive a video presentation. What makes this worse, is that the trailers that are set to be shown for these games have a chance of being the same videos we saw at E3 2019, just redubbed for the attendees in Taiwan.

Fans will have to wait until February 6th to the 9th when the Taipei Game Show takes place to see whether or not we get any new information regarding From Software's latest project, or if we'll have to wait until E3 2020.

:arrow: Source

2. Discussion (8 replies)

3. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Yep I can confirm we won't be seeing anything new for a while just by looking at the image:lol:

4. ChibiMofo

ChibiMofo NPC Chibi-Robo for Wii needs a fan translation

Canada
    "Fans will have to wait..."

We wouldn't, if game sites and Youtubers would stop jumping the gun. We'd just wake up on a Tuesday and a new game we didn't even know we wanted would suddenly be available. That's how I found out about new album releases back in the 80s. Much more exciting IMHO.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  5. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps.
    Senior Editor

United States
    It's the information age. Not only is it due to what you claim are over-zealous/anxious YouTubers and news sites, but also marketers and publishers, who trickle out information over social media like a dripping faucet. Remove people "jumping the gun", and you'd still have an overload of game companies trying to get their tease of a tease of an announcement teaser out there the loudest.

DS1, tyrantnyx and DANTENDO like this.
  6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Supervisor

Poland
    Spoilers - it's "Dark Souls, but..." - all of the Souls games are the same. Fortunately they're also all good. :D

7. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    *Incomprehensible fanboy noises*

I am SO hyped for this. As much as I enjoyed Sekiro, there's nothing quite like building your own character in Dark Souls games. If GRRM adds some extra story context to the whole thing, all the better.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  8. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Can you giv us a teaser what yr going to post next on the news :D

Chary likes this.
  9. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Now when is armored core for ps4 :ninja:

10. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    Does it mean usually crappy writing gonna be extra crappy thanks to new awful writer?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - presentation, appearance, FromSofts