Maccapowa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi people!
In few days i'll have a gateway, my current situation is that i have my 3DSXL with sysNAND 4.5 (downgraded from 9.2) and an sd with emuNAND 9.4.
What I have to do to travel from sysnand 4.5 to my old sysnand 9.2 (i have the nand.bin) and after, using the gateway?
And also, i have an SD with cfw 4.5 and some .cia on it, can i reuse that game with the save?If yes, how?

Thank you for the help :)

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One question, you want to go back to sysnand 9.2 to play your retail games?

Anyways, what you can try is use savedatafiler to back up your saves, although I don't know if the 6.x encryption might not allow it to work..

Then to update back to sysnand 9.2, put the nand.bin on the root of your SD card and then boot the gateway menu by holding L while launching the DS exploit. Go to the downgrade option and hold UP while selecting it, it should ask if you want to restore your nand.bin

Maccapowa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, i want to play again my retail smash bros and also play with my retail Majora's Mask without any problem or stuff

I have to put the nand.bin in a formatted and empty SD (only launcher.dat i think)?

Can i use the emuNAND 9.4 that i have on my sd or i have to do all that shitty things again?

Maccapowa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you :D
So, for reupgrade my 3ds i have to put my nand.bin on an sd with the launcher.dat of the nintendo profile exploit?

BouncyBread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you :D
So, for reupgrade my 3ds i have to put my nand.bin on an sd with the launcher.dat of the nintendo profile exploit?

yep :) here's what I did.
I left all the files on my sdcard alone (with emunand/all the saves in it, launcher.dat,etc). Added my nand.bin that i backed up from 9.2.

Launched the exploit while holding L-> restored my nand-> i'm on 9.2 :D, my 9.5 emunand working and everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16