Homebrew From RxTools 11.0.0-33 EmuNAND to a9lh

Osakasan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so, it seems that today i'm going to have enough time in my hands to do it, but to be honest i'm insecure as fuck so i have a few questions before getting on it.

1.- Is there any guide foolproof enough? I'm still having cardiac arrests from my first downgrading.

2.- My SysNAND is at 9.2 right now with Menuhax. Is that enough for handling the process?

3.- And this is VERY important. Is there a foolproof way to preserve all my installed games, saves and miiplaza advancements? I'm not sure i'm ready to lose everything AGAIN. Once is enough.

4.- Will there be any issue login with and using my NNID?

5.- Is there any issue with the current firmware and a9lh?

Thank you all. I'm almost ready to jump in, but i'm not still sure.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
2 - Yes, see answer to 1
1 - Yes, google "plailect guide". Read the first parts quickly to get your setup to what it's supposed to be (Luma instead of rxTools, HBL as boot.3dsx, Type 1, this kid of stuff (except emuNAND vs RedNAND, that's the same thing, keep your emuNAND)) for the last parts then follow the last parts
3 - Yes, the guide should tell you so, but basically just make a backup of your emuNAND and of your SD card's contents and you can't lose anything
4 - No
5 - No and it actually doesn't make that much sense. No firmware boots with a9lh, you need a CFW to boot it. Then yeah, there are "bundles" that give a CFW integrated in a9lh but still, that's the CFW's problem, not a9lh's.

khangress

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so, it seems that today i'm going to have enough time in my hands to do it, but to be honest i'm insecure as fuck so i have a few questions before getting on it.

1.- Is there any guide foolproof enough? I'm still having cardiac arrests from my first downgrading.

If you're using the same guide I did, then its very rare that something bad should happen, as long as you do as it says.

2.- My SysNAND is at 9.2 right now with Menuhax. Is that enough for handling the process?

The guide I used had me downgrade to v.2.x, I don't remember the details.

3.- And this is VERY important. Is there a foolproof way to preserve all my installed games, saves and miiplaza advancements? I'm not sure i'm ready to lose everything AGAIN. Once is enough.

You can extract save data using a save manager like JKSM. It will be tedious if you have a lot of games, but if you're paranoid like me it's worth the time. Also useful if you plan on playing Virtue's Last Reward, thanks to the infamous save bug.

4.- Will there be any issue login with and using my NNID?

You should be able to play online, but I heard somewhere it's recommended not to go on the eshop.

5.- Is there any issue with the current firmware and a9lh?

None that I know of.

Thank you all. I'm almost ready to jump in, but i'm not still sure.

Let me see If I can find the guide I used.

Osakasan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys, just started from step 4. Please wish me luck, i'm sure i'm going to need it (just got slowed down because SysNAND backup didn't match the recommended size)

I hope it worth it.

Last edited by Osakasan,

Osakasan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i just hit a wall

Based on the tutorial, after setting all the files in the SD getting to this url http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin should take me to the arm9loaderhax installer, however i'm taken to OTPHelper. I used that chance to get the otp.bin file, but now i don't know what to do...

EDIT: Solved. Now to continue...

Last edited by Osakasan,

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i just hit a wall

Based on the tutorial, after setting all the files in the SD getting to this url http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin should take me to the arm9loaderhax installer, however i'm taken to OTPHelper. I used that chance to get the otp.bin file, but now i don't know what to do...

EDIT: Solved. Now to continue...

Hey there! i'm in the same setup as you! Looking to go with A9lh and Luma.

After you're done with the guide. can you please post a mini tutorial? thanks!

Osakasan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there! i'm in the same setup as you! Looking to go with A9lh and Luma.

After you're done with the guide. can you please post a mini tutorial? thanks!

Right now i'm restoring my SD backup and let me tell you one thing: The tutorial @cravas posted is already exhaustive and foolproof enough, there's no way of making a mini tutorial.

However i feel that there's a thing that needs to be noted: Since Luma 6.0 doesn't have the luma folder in its .zip (it is created after using a9lh Safe Installer) steps 13, 14 and 15 from part 5 of the tutorial must be postponed. And to get the Safe Installer to execute instead of OTP Helper when inputting the url while in 2.1 firm you need to be cautious with wich files to copy to the SD card.

Sorry for not being too precise but i'm drained (And it still isn't over!) However, if i've been able to pull it off i'm sure you will, too, just remember that the installer and the hack shares a file with the same name (arm9loaderhax.bin) and pay attention to the .dat files. Those two were what kept me from advancing.

Osakasan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, sorry for the double post but... I MADE IT!!!

My SD card made it longer than it should, but it definitely went well and now i'm in 11.0.0-3 a9lh SysNAND. It works like it did before setting my EmuNAND AND EVERYTHING IS THERE!!

Thanks for the help guys!

Osakasan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, Luma was updated, so the guide isn't quite the same as when I did my n3DSXL and my 2DS, :/

But glad you got through it, :)

At that point it just became trial and error. Well, i say "just" but i've been sooooooooooooo nervous that it glued me to my seat for the whole proccess, i'm actually happy i managed to do it, and the whole machine is responsive again!

Now to enjoy it and undo some measures i took in case of disaster :)

Is this worth it? seems to me like a lot of risk just to avoid booting into emunand?

The proccess seems to be risk-proof by now, luckily. Now, it IS long as fuck if you have a big SD card (seriously doing the content backup is tedious af)

Last edited by Osakasan,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is this worth it? seems to me like a lot of risk just to avoid booting into emunand?
It's not "just to avoid booting into emunand" at all, some of us (like me) still use an emuNAND with a9lh.

I think it's mostly for the boot rate (100%, unlike the 90% (when you're lucky) that menuhax has), the boot time (7 seconds in general, unlike the 20 that menuhax has), and the quick access to tools (0 seconds, unlike the 10 seconds that menuhax has) that are actually even available before sysNAND so you can really recover from almost anything.

Reactions: cravas

Osakasan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like my GBA saves are gone. Not like it actually matters (I don't care to replay again GT Advance 3, Circle of the Moon and Yoshi's Island) but it was unexpected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr