WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, just got my PSP Fat for xmas (yay Wife® fucking rules!) and when it turned it on, it still haves OFW 2.70 on it. After looking around, is there now a way to downgrade the firmware w/out needing GTA LCS or a Pandora battery?

Link to other hacking forum for downgrading.

Thats the impression that i'm getting.
Also, in there, it talks about upgrading to 2.80. I downloaded the eboot for 2.80 from that link, but when i put it on my memory card in PSP/Game/ it doesn't do a thing.
Could someone please confirm or deny any of this?
And if its all good, is there a step i'm missing for upgrading from 2.70 to 2.80 that's not on that link?

Thanks for the help!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, you can most certainly downgrade without needing GTA:LCS.

I'm gonna search something for ya
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Here, it should be this one: http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/improved-2...er-updated.html
It's from 2.80 to 1.50
smile.gif
That page pretty much explains everything
smile.gif

Enjoy
smile.gif

WildWon said:
Also, in there, it talks about upgrading to 2.80. I downloaded the eboot for 2.80 from that link, but when i put it on my memory card in PSP/Game/ it doesn't do a thing.
You have to put the EBOOT.PBP in a dir named "UPDATE" in your "GAME" dir
smile.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Yes, you can most certainly downgrade without needing GTA:LCS.

IIRC, the easiest downgrade is from 2.71 to 1.50.

I'm gonna search something for ya
biggrin.gif

Oh thank you! I've been searching forums for 2+ days now (multiple hours at different times over the past few days) and have just been running in circles. I didn't want to start a new thread on the other boards, due to flaming for not searching, but i'm so very confused.

I'd hacked one friends PSP with GTA:LCS way back when that was the only option. I then used his PSP-fat and made a pandora battery to hack another PSP (friend's of his) and then ORDERED a Pandora battery to have on hand, but alas, my buddy about 45min. away has my P-battery, and now i'm lost, no Pandora battery, and i want to hack this shit for tonight.

Thanks Raulpica. I appreciate this immensely!

EDIT:
Oh kickass! I actually JUST downloaded that about 10 minutes ago, but i'm at work so i can't fuck around with it right now heh.

Also, I have the 2.80 official firmware sitting on my computer, but when i try to install it, ...NOTHING happens. I'm putting it in the psp/game folder (as it said to do in another site) but after looking around, should it ACTUALLY go into PSP/Game/Update ?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WildWon said:
Hey, just got my PSP Fat for xmas (yay Wife® fucking rules!) and when it turned it on, it still haves OFW 2.70 on it. After looking around, is there now a way to downgrade the firmware w/out needing GTA LCS or a Pandora battery?

Link to other hacking forum for downgrading.

Thats the impression that i'm getting.
Could someone please confirm or deny any of this?
And if its all good, is there a step i'm missing for upgrading from 2.70 to 2.80 that's not on that link?

Thanks for the help!

what happened when you tried to execute/start the 2.80 update?

nothing at all!?

EDIT get your mate to bring yer pandora back its 45minutes less hassle just doing the straight pandora update to CFW lol
smile.gif

you just need to put the EBOOT.PBP file into the PSP/GAME folder it should show up with an icon that you can load and run
smile.gif

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WildWon said:
EDIT:
Oh kickass! I actually JUST downloaded that about 10 minutes ago, but i'm at work so i can't fuck around with it right now heh.

Also, I have the 2.80 official firmware sitting on my computer, but when i try to install it, ...NOTHING happens. I'm putting it in the psp/game folder (as it said to do in another site) but after looking around, should it ACTUALLY go into PSP/Game/Update ?
Yeah, read the new edit in the previous post
smile.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:

nothing at all!?

you just need to put the EBOOT.PBP file into the PSP/GAME folder it should show up with an icon that you can load and run
smile.gif

I drop eboot.pbp into the PSP/Game folder, and i don't see any new icons anywhere, after reinserting the card into the PSP and turning it on. Where should the icon appear?

EDIT: AHHHH Looks like it DOES need to go into PSP/Game/Update!

Fantastic.

Raulpica: Thanks soooo much for this! I can't wait to get this shit rollin tonight! (got a 4gig microsd and a MSPD adapter waiting at the house now, along with just shy of a metric-shit-ton of homebrew and whatnot to put on there tonight.) THANKS!

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WildWon said:
kobykaan said:

nothing at all!?

smile.gif

I drop eboot.pbp into the PSP/Game folder, and i don't see any new icons anywhere, after reinserting the card into the PSP and turning it on. Where should the icon appear?

EDIT: AHHHH Looks like it DOES need to go into PSP/Game/Update!

Fantastic.

Raulpica: Thanks soooo much for this! I can't wait to get this shit rollin tonight! (got a 4gig microsd and a MSPD adapter waiting at the house now, along with just shy of a metric-shit-ton of homebrew and whatnot to put on there tonight.) THANKS!
Hehe, glad to be helpful
smile.gif

You just have to put 5.00M33 with 1.50 Kernel add-on on it and you're set
smile.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh yeah doh! needs to be in folder called UPDATE DUH!

5.00 m33-3 is the latest CFW you dont need 5.01 it does not bring anything special!

Don't forget POPSLOADER for PSX games .... and enable FLASH and WMA in the recovery menu once CFW is installed start up and hold R for recovery menu in there you can set yer flash/wma along with popsloader etc

oh and once you have 3.90 CFW on you can update via WIFI in the PSP itself
smile.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, got the upgrade files handled (to go up to 2.80) got the downgrade files handled (to drop back to 1.50) and i have everything ready to go to 3.52 M33-3, then on to 5.00 M33 (via easy installer).

Then, after that, i have the 1.5 Kernel addon ready to roll, along with Popsloader, some wallpapers, and a shit-ton of homebrew games, emulators and a few other useful downloads.

Now... if only i can contain myself until i can get home tonight to hack the shit outta this beast. heh.

Thanks for the help guys!

(i'll be sure to enable WMA and Flash from the recovery menu as well
wink.gif
)

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
This is great! It seems easy to do and i just found a yellow used psp (fat) at gamestop for a nice price. I think i'll ask there to boot it up and check if the firmware is 2.80 or lower. *_*
I always thought that i should use Pandora or LCS to downgrade...

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found mine at a local Game Trader/Rental store that opened up a few months back. (game traders club, to be exact) and we went in 2 months ago, saw a used one in GREAT condition, and dude there (ed) told us about no-interest lay-aways. Well, i've been back there at least once a week for rentals, got onto a first name basis with Ed, and when we went to pick it up, the $110 price tag that was sitting on it, was then reduced 15% for the holidays. It was held in back for me, and he cut the price.

I just got an amazing condition PSP fat with 2.70 OFW on it for just under $95 bucks. I *LOVE* that store. heh.

(also, with their rentals, if you want to buy the game, they'll deduct your past rental fees, from the final cost. So keep a $50 game for 2 weeks, thats $11 off if you want to buy it). GREAT mom&pop style game store.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, thank you guys. With your help, i now have a PSP fat running 5.00 M33-4! And i didn't need my pbattery, my friends PSP to make his a pbattery OR a copy of GTA:LCS.

Loaded up a few games i had on my puter along with jnester (i needed a 5th way to play Super Mario Bros!) AND the CPS2 emulator. Holy hell is that thing nice! i wanna check out some other homebrews as well, and i have a decent start for that.

So, thanks for the help! You guys rawk.
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday