From gateway with emunand to a9lh, what to do

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by boekeboekeboeh, May 18, 2017.

1. boekeboekeboeh
    OP

boekeboekeboeh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2007
    Netherlands
    Hi All,

Since Gateway isn't giving us updates anymore and I want to play fire emblem echoes I'm thinking about changing from zelda + gateway(3.7.1) with emunand (I think i'm om 10.3 or something) on my n3DS to a9lh.

Are there specific things I need to do before starting with installing a9lh (I found this great guide for that https://3ds.guide/get-started)
    Like my current emunand isn't going to cause any troubles or whatoever.

2. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    If you downgraded with Gateway that might, but the Guide explains it all. Just go through it once to see what you need to do before you actually do it.

It's helpful if you're not familiar with things to print it out and check each thing you do just to make sure you're not missing anything or copy paste it into a Word document or something and do the same thing.

3. boekeboekeboeh
    OP

Newcomer
    May 29, 2007
    Netherlands
    Ok will try that first! thanks for the fast reply:)

4. boekeboekeboeh
    OP

Newcomer
    May 29, 2007
    Netherlands
    Great it worked:) Although when booting the luma update app it doesn't start..
    So how do I play one of my backups? Do I have to install cia via FBI or something else?

5. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    Yes. Look for CIAngel and/or freeShop if you wear an eye patch.

KunoichiZ likes this.