from a white to a black

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Brien Zee, Apr 23, 2007.

Apr 23, 2007

from a white to a black by Brien Zee at 5:00 AM (1,171 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Brien Zee
    OP

Newcomer Brien Zee Advanced Member

my nds got stolen along with my r4 and g6.
    so since my girlfriend has a white ds, i decided to go with the black.
    i've never handled a black ds before.
    i was rather disappointed to see that it was just black plastic, without the clear plastic coding like the white.
    it also feels that the directional pad is of less quality, i'm sure that's just in my mind though. i can't see why the button build quality would be different.

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I would like to hear the story of how your ds got stole :'( did you know the blac ds lite gets lots of finger marks after using it.

3. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    brien i would return you new black DSL if what you post is true. my black and white DSL are both identical. both use the same 'doubleshot' plastic casing with the clear layer ontop, and both DSL, in fact ALL current nintendo consoles (DSL, wiimore, GBAmicro) use the exact same dpad form the same mould.

4. Fieryshadowz

Member Fieryshadowz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yea.. mine looks so ugly with all the marks on it.. [​IMG]

the pink looks so cool.. i saw this hot girl wearing pink at my HS playing a pink DS that was nice day...

5. Brien Zee
    OP

wait..... you are telling me your ds is doubleshot....?
    why isn't mine then?
    wtf.....

6. Brien Zee
    OP

someone my brother knew broke into our house when we weren't home and he ran into my room and took it.
    my brother came home when he was in the house and he pulled a knife on my bro.
    he got arrested and they are pressing armed burglary and petty theft.

i knew it got finger prints.. i decided just not to care since i wanted to distinguish mine from my girlfriends... but i'm very interested, if other people's are indeed double shot, i feel ripped off.

7. Brien Zee
    OP

i just talked to a friend and his black is just solid black plastic, not doubleshot.
    i'm really curious about this now.

8. myclock

Member myclock GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    i too bought a black ds lite but i love it, except finger prints, havent used it yet, i bought the protection for my DSlite which give u protection stickers for the top,back screens, and even the button area, its great! im 100% using protection [​IMG]

9. mehmed

Newcomer mehmed Advanced Member

Netherlands
    I had a white one to. But I sold it. Because of a small scratch. But the white one became yellow at some points. I have a black one looks for my taste better. Only problem are the fingerprints. What would you people recommend that i sould buy to protect my baby. But it has to be invisible as possible. I had a protection for the touch screen that was very ugly. Never used it.

10. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    My black one has a solid black outer casing (as far as I can tell)

11. TheBlueStylus

Newcomer TheBlueStylus Advanced Member

United States
    My two friends have a couple Black DS its just all black plastic, no clear plastic coating, after longing to have black, I felt sticking with my white was way better for me.