Hacking Friends DS wont go on but Charge Light does?

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend DS wont go on (no green light or screen flash at all) but the orange light does and it stays on doesnt go off after a bit like other probs ive read about. also I tryed useing my battery to the same result, any help? tyvm in advance.

I found this on fixya lol but seems to be bout the same prob:

Hi. Same thing happenedto my son's. Also, when I shook it, I could hear a slight rattle inside as if a small piece had broken off. I took it apart and found that a small surface mount inductor had come off (it was right by the on/off switch I believe). I was able to get it soldered back on and added some glue for mechanical strength (since my solder wasn't as good as original). This worked a while but it came off again and I could never get it to stick and function again. Just shorting the terminals with wire didn't work, it needs at least some 'L' impedance. So, I tried making my own. I took a very small wire-wrap wire I had from my old college days, and wound it around a paperclip about 10times, solder the ends on, and then removed the clip. (think of tiny spool of wire with each end connected to solder pads). Believe or not, it worked and has been fine ever since. Apperently the tolerance for this circuit is pretty loose. FWIW.

Good luck. A fun project either way before giving up.

-Bryan

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Look at fuse F2 next to the ds game slot - if blown nothing will happen - although it will still charge as this is covered by another fuse

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.