Hacking Friendly warning, new games will update your switch to 2.1.0.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameplay wise, like I told you, there could be differences that don't effect gameplay that are deaper then we can see atm, till we can dump games nothing is absolute, neither of us knows everything, and your bringing up games that had a simultaneous worldwide release, also, I'm moving on to a broader point that nintendo is not the only one making games for the switch and they may do things differently then what your seeing, some may be stuck on old ways and only have the american or jp version or simply only the jp or english language on said cart with censorship happening or not, that and things can change midway through game cart productuon and it could be as simple as changing what goes on the cart to include something and without having to halt production, the simple change of what is written to the cart in mass

nintendo is one story in all of this, we can't know what the future will hold for what game production will present next

simple put, for all we know, mario odesey or xenoblade chronicles 2 could force you to update to what could be 5.0 at that point whether you want to or not via digital and physical, nobody knows till that day comes, things are the way they are now but they can and will change
You make ZERO points that matter. A third party might make a game with only 1 region. So what? You can still play that game wherever you are and no matter where you got your switch from. You're the only idiot speculating here. Everything I've said is FACT. You are now on my ignore list.

And by the way, I happen to live in Japan. There are a TON of games here that aren't released elsewhere yet. Wanna bet you can make a JPN account and grab the digital copies?

Last edited by urherenow,

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
The same game can differ between region even if they are not region locked, isn't this already a known fact? (The Puyo Puyo demo example he brought up is actually a great example, same applies to the full game).

But then again, somebody who brings up the ignore list would never actually admit he's wrong.

Reactions: jt_1258

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generally, if the games have the same product ID on the cartridge (excluding the trailing three-character region), they're identical, assuming they're the same revision.

Some 3DS cartridges were partially identical across regions. For example, the Pokémon titles had a primary NCCH content that was region-free, but the update partition was not. If converted to a CIA, it worked as region-free. (Not too important nowadays with region-free patches, but was useful some time ago.)

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same game can differ between region even if they are not region locked, isn't this already a known fact? (The Puyo Puyo demo example he brought up is actually a great example, same applies to the full game).

But then again, somebody who brings up the ignore list would never actually admit he's wrong.
I'm glad somebody got what I was saying, theres that and he ignored the point I made of we don't know how game carts on switch could be handled in the future, I do feel bad for enertaining such a bait from somebody, I fell hard comming back to respond to him

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended