Gaming Friendly warning- Do not buy Devil survivor overclocked if in Europe

rafferty_shaun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I've been waiting such a long time as I never completed the original DS version and put off doing so when I heard about this coming out. Would definitely have imported it if I could. For anyone affected here are the threads where it's being discussed:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1bb3vq/psa_for_european_3ds_owners_dont_buy_devil/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=52045875#post52045875

Apparently crashes are also ocurring in the auction house although that hasn't happened to me... (yet)

Reactions: LunaWofl and emigre

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is it really true? And those bugs gonna be fixed, right? Right?! Since I have been waiting this since forever! Are those bugs really make the game unplayable when you're playing it casually or is the main functions really that bugged it will break entire game? How in the hell they European publisher even did break the game like that?!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it really true? And those bugs gonna be fixed, right? Right?! Since I have been waiting this since forever! Are those bugs really make the game unplayable when you're playing it casually or is the main functions really that bugged it will break entire game? How in the hell they European publisher even did break the game like that?!

They should be patched. Don't really see a reason why they can't. I mean, Mario Kart 7 got patched. The only game I know that apparently can't be patched is VLR, but it's easily avoidable anyways.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wzpk7ld.jpg

Sometimes you just have to laugh in order to avoid feelings of dread and anger.

rafferty_shaun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I imagine they will be patched in time, hopefully soon. I wouldn't buy the game just yet though until it's confirmed that things will definitely be sorted out. Summoning and auction houses are main features of the game so unless you actively avoid using these then you could easily run into problems too I'm afraid :/

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@emigre: Haaaaaaaaaaah! :D that's such a fuck-up!

First Persona 4 Arena takes nine months to reach Europe with fuck all differences to the US/JP version. Overclocked with seemingly fuck all difference finall reaches Europe and the game is broken. This is both hilarious and infuriating at how incompetent small time niche publishers are.

Reactions: Deleted User

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this some sorta anti-piracy feature that backfired spectacularly for the EU version? Its crazy how many games these days are getting released with potentially game-beaking glitches and bugs. Bring back competent game testers please, ill gladly do the job and do it a hell of alot better than whoever is testing them now.

wzpk7ld.jpg

Sometimes you just have to laugh in order to avoid feelings of dread and anger.

^ Lol i was reading about people thinking they had input the names incorrectly but clearly its another bug to add to the list. Hello Last First, nice name you have. xD

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just bought this game online, good thing I live in the US though... So this shouldn't affect me.

Sucks for the people in Europe though, waiting two years for a copy of the game only to have some major bug that breaks the game... I'd be so pissed.

And it looks like they didnt put anything new in it... So I wonder what went wrong

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, they'll probably patch it one way or another, my game has already been shipped, besides, they've sold out on Amazon and some other sites, so I'm guessing the game already sold a lot.. If they didn't fix it soon, they'll get huge fan backlash.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/important-message-about-devil-survivor-overclocked-on-3ds

Ghostlight realise they've fucked up and they're going to fix the broken mess. I guess we're looking at a patch but christ's knows how long that would take. Or even worse, a re-print if the game is unfixable. Honestly someone deserves to get sacked here, did they not do any kind of quality control? How can such a big fuck up occur?

On the bright side this make anyone feel nostalgic? Remember the Ninities when Pal version of games would come out a yeat later than the NTSC version, it cost £80, it ran at 70% of speed and was covered in dog shit. Those were the days...

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/important-message-about-devil-survivor-overclocked-on-3ds

Ghostlight realise they've fucked up and they're going to fix the broken mess. I guess we're looking at a patch but christ's knows how long that would take. Or even worse, a re-print if the game is unfixable. Honestly someone deserves to get sacked here, did they not do any kind of quality control? How can such a big fuck up occur?

On the bright side this make anyone feel nostalgic? Remember the Ninities when Pal version of games would come out a yeat later than the NTSC version, it cost £80, it ran at 70% of speed and was covered in dog shit. Those were the days...

They've made several posts also on their facebook page saying they're looking into it, and going around to see how a patch would work out: http://www.facebook.com/GhostlightGames

To be fair, I can't blame them that much, it's human to err, also, it's Easter today and it must suck for them to have this many problems at this time, anyway, I hope a patch won't take too long to be released, my game will arrive in three days, and I will start playing then, with or without the patch. >.>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head